Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

klentak had the right plan but the wrong execution. ideas were right on the money, just picked the wrong guys at just about every turn except for wheeler
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2021, 08:34:43 PM
Dunno - your Moneyball hero Klentak screwed up building one

Coulda bought one like the Nats are doing. But hey let's find some zesty starter to buy and make the rest of the season "interesting".

PhillyPhreak54

ATL got Richard Rodriguez, Jorge Soler, Eddie Roasario and Adam Duvall

STL got JA Happ for some reason and an almost equally spent Jon Lester

SF got Kris Bryant

The Mets got Javy Baez

OAK got Josh Harrison and Yan Gomes

White Sox got Kimbrel

TOR got Jose Berrios

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 11, 2021, 08:20:11 PM
Damn the Mets for Kumar Rocker
Quote from: MDS on July 11, 2021, 08:29:28 PM
i love kumar...sucks of all the places he goes to its the god damn mets

Meanwhile...

QuoteBarring a drastic change between now and the 5 p.m. ET signing deadline, the New York Mets do not plan to sign right-hander Kumar Rocker, the 10th overall pick in the amateur draft, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

Rocker, 21, whose dominance at Vanderbilt made him the most well-known college player in perhaps a decade, had an agreement in place to sign for $6 million after he slipped down draft boards earlier this month. But the deal fell apart following his physical examination, and multiple sources said they do not expect a revised one to come together before the deadline.

The possibility of the Mets and Rocker coming to an 11th-hour agreement always exists, and past deals that looked dead were eventually consummated. But the momentum in recent days, and the expectation of multiple sources, is that the Mets are unlikely to change their stance.

PhillyPhreak54

Does he go back in the draft next year or is free to sign anywhere

MDS

he goes back into the draft next year and the mets get the pick back...so they draft 11th in 2022 and everything is slotted around that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Ah ok.

Wonder what the MRI is showing

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Best part of the Yanks game, other than them losing, was there cat on the field.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

28 years ago today, Robin Ventura regretted charging the mound at Nolan Ryan.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1422989935368409095

QB Eagles

Brock Holt with the slowest MLB eephus I've ever seen. Dave LaRoche style.

https://youtu.be/7lTZcx-l8i4

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Oh my God that is so awesome!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.