Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I would have loved to have gone.  How much did it cost you two?

PhillyPhreak54

I think mds just had to give Uncle John a handy

Rome

Pretty sure he had to toss in a Sam Alito wifey shot too. 

PhillyPhreak54

lol possibly!

In other news JT is out due to meniscus surgery

Great.

SD

Quote from: Rome on June 10, 2024, 06:35:44 PMI would have loved to have gone.  How much did it cost you two?

My friend put the trip together I just paid her...we're in southern Portugal right now which is unbelievable. The women (mostly tourist) are unreal. Local time is after 1am and I can't sleep. Heading to Lisbon on Friday. Fios won't stream here and mlb blackouts the Phillies so I have to follow the game on the pbp like a snook.

London reminded me a lot of Philly. Not just the architectural influence the trash/graffiti etc. Super friendly people. Definitely a 2 day and out city. Everything closes early. My daughter really wanted to take the Tower of London tour and see where Anne Boleyn was beheaded but they were closed at 3:30. Some nice looking women but they're really heavy on the makeup. Holy hell with the smoking. Phillies game and stadium atmosphere was great...outcome sucked but whatever. 

Don Ho

Portugal!  Awesome SD.  Never been but heard it's amazing.  Have had friends from hawaii visit Portugal and say they woud move there in a heartbeat.  Was always my Mom's dream to go there.  My wife is half Portugese so one day. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Don - me and the ball and chain were talking about doing a Hawaii trip next year. Get the beer ready!

Mike - you guys look like you're having a blast.

Todd is MIA - maybe he was kidnapped?

ice grillin you

this the beginning of the end
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

End of what?

The random mid season loss to the Red Sox sinks the ship?

MDS

i was in copenhagen for a few days after london. really fun time, if not tiring. i got up at 5am today.

for game 1 we meandered around and wound up sitting in the mets family section. the wives all had these tacky suit jackets with their names on the back. jd martinez's lady was pregnant. the mets security dude (who was cool as shtein, we bonded over our shared love of crazy ass tommy pham) claimed it was his sister. sister, side piece, whatever. its all the same really.

the stadium itself is pretty much the antithesis of what id want. humungous area with endless walking, nothing but god awful malls and chain restaurants everywhere and terrible traffic/tube backlog. for 2 days, sure. on a consistent basis? never. i dont know the context of anyone going to london stadium again, but be prepared to wait.

the phillies are good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 10, 2024, 06:35:44 PMI would have loved to have gone.  How much did it cost you two?

i spent less than $1500 on the london leg of the trip. most of that on flights of course. tickets were free for me, which was nice. the games were about 90-95% filled so id imagine the secondary market was pretty cheap but i didnt look.

high recommend to a big international travel thing for eagles/phils. maybe not brazil but the eagles will be back in europe eventually and this went really well for the phillies so id imagine theyll be happy to do another one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

$1,500 is cheap as farg. Damnit. Next time for sure. 

And although I'm as big a fan of Blame It On Rio as the next guy, I'm a hard no on Brazil.  I have almost no doubt I'd end up in prison down there.  No bueno. 

PhillyPhreak54

I'd end up divorced before even getting married if I went to Brazil.

PhillyPhreak54

Good job the last two nights.

Booooo

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2024, 07:21:29 AMDon - me and the ball and chain were talking about doing a Hawaii trip next year. Get the beer ready!

Keep me posted!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.