2015 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 05, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2016, 01:20:02 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2016, 08:48:12 AM
bp's phillies top ten is out....

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=28147

not that i dont like lists or disagree with their analysis, its just this stuff is so dumb.

kc made 2 world series and won 1 without help from most of these guys. who knows. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22285

That's because they did it with the guys that filled that last 5 years ago.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

The Phillies are selling spring training tickets in tiers.  The "premium" games (Saturdays plus a couple others) have a $5 premium per ticket.

Box seats are $30/ticket or $35 with the premium.  For practice.  So a family of four can figure on $140 for tickets plus at least another $100 for parking, food, drinks, etc. and that's not even counting lodging or getting there.

$250 for a spring training game to see a team that might lose 110 games next year.

Total retardation.

PhillyPhreak54

Honestly it's not surprising.

Everyone is all up in your pockets nowadays. We get nickle and dimed to death.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

nola-apple-thompson-eickhoff-puck

in 2 years

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

seems like maybe 3rd place in the division

MDS

them boys will be hitting their stride just as the mets thing crumbles
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im sure....in related news doug Peterson will turn the eagles around

MDS

updated hope ranking

1) phils
2) fly guys
3) temple football
4) j returning to normal
5) sixers
6) you giving me that eagles hat you just bought
7) eagles

ice grillin you

1. flyers
2. sixers
3. phillies
4. the same hat you could have bought five minutes ago?
5. temple I guess
6. j lol...hopeless
7. birds

rjs246

QuotePete Mackanin knows it's going to be a "hairy situation" but plans to tell team legend Ryan Howard during spring training that if he wants to play, he'll have to hit better: "I'm going to tell him, 'If you want to face lefties, you have to hit them better. If you don't hit them better, I'm going to platoon.' That's basically what we're looking at. It's gotten to that point."

Haha a few years late there, skip.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

a few weeks away from spring training and domonic brown does not have a job

ice grillin you

MDS

jp #5 prospect in baseball according to mlb.com