2015 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 05, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

franco filing a grievance for something also.

ice grillin you

heyman says they are also looking at one of the great sports names of all time dougie fister
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 09, 2015, 09:49:22 AM
heyman says they are also looking at one of the great sports names of all time dougie fister

Dog Fister

MDS

they mentioned fister as a possibility even before the season was over

its pretty smart deal for both sides. fister gets a rotation spot and ton of leash to get his shtein back...phils get a solid, affordable starter on a 1 year deal that will likely not suck.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I figured the Hernandez move was foreshadowing a Giles deal...

Stark says talks between Phils and Astros are "heating up" for Giles but that the Astros won't deal McCullers

ice grillin you

real ground breaking stuff from stark
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Not sure I like dealing Giles but I get it

Closer on a rebuilding team is a luxury. If there's a good return to be had you have to explore it

PhillyPhreak54

Rosenthal says the deal will bring the Phils three pitchers in return highlighted by Vince Velazquez

MDS

of course youre not sure about....this is next level thinking and the game has past you by

velasquez is a ML ready arm. he averaged 12.3 k's per 9 at AA last year with a 1.00 whip. BA said he has the highest ceiling of any arm in the astros system. and the astros system is insane. its worth it for him alone...who farging cares about a closer on a team thats 5 years away.

by late summer: velasquez-nola-thompson-eickhoff. that aint not bad. the #1 pick in june will also be spent on an arm, possibly one that could be up by 2017/18. this is good.

the other name mentioned is brett oberholtzer...who is from new castle and likely white trash on a munson level. hes bottom of the rotation dude, but a strike thrower. not sure who the other guy is.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Velasquez
Oberholtzer
Minor leaguer

That's the deal.

PhillyPhreak54

The minor leaguer is OF Derek Fisher

We now give the floor to baseball expert, lil guy, to give us a scouting report

Munson

hah, Todd is dead on about New Castle being super white trash area.

Though it's gotten a lot more Hispanic over teh last decade+
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Zolecki says another player is coming back too

Correa?!?

Munson

Correa+ Springer, Phils send back Freddy Galvis.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds