2015 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 05, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

solid waiver claim on dan otero...had a real good 13 and a real bad 14. relief pitchers make no sense, he could easily bounce back. or hes cooked. no downside at all to this.

having 1st priority on waiver claims, the 1st pick in the rule 5 draft and the most international $ to spend all come with having the worst record. its not just about the 1.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

With free agency right around the corner and plenty of trades and signings to follow, it's time for a snapshot of each franchise. As in past renditions of the MLB Future Power Rankings, we've asked three of our top baseball analysts -- Jim Bowden, Keith Law and Buster Olney -- to rank all 30 teams across five categories (see corresponding table) in an attempt to measure how well each team is set up for sustained success over the next five years.

#16 Philadelphia Phillies

CATEGORIES

MAJORS (full weight): Quality of current big league roster - 3
MINORS (full weight): Quality and quantity of prospects in their farm system - 23
FINANCE (2/3 weight): How much money do they have to spend? - 21
MANAGEMENT (2/3 weight): Value and stability of ownership, front office and coaching staff - 7
MOBILITY (1/3 weight): Do they have a lot of young, cheap players or old, immovable guys? - 16

The overview

The Phillies are not expected to make a splash this offseason. Rather, the new leadership team of Andy MacPhail and Matt Klentak will rebuild the Phillies through scouting and player development. They are mapping out a long-term plan and have no interest in deviating from it until they start winning again. This means they'll listen to trade offers on every veteran player if they can get solid prospects in return, and the only way they get involved in free agency is if the player is young enough to still contribute when the team is ready to win. The Phillies made some great strides over the past couple of drafts and at the trade deadline and could get back to contender status more quickly than most people think -- but it won't be next year. -- Jim Bowden

Impact prospect

Franklyn Kilome was already hitting 94-96 mph last year, and in 2015 he showed gradual improvements in other areas of his game, from his off-speed stuff to his command to his feel for pitching, while earning praise from Phillies' staffers for his aptitude and willingness to learn. -- Keith Law

March rank: 30 (overall score: 22.7)

PhillyPhreak54

Franklyn with y eh? Awful

His last name will be changed to Killinme after he serves up enough bombs

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 04, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
Franklyn with y eh? Awful

His last name will be changed to Killinme after he serves up enough bombs

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

ice grillin you

MDS

who would be ok with a giles trade?

Geowhizzer

If they could get anything of substance, I'd be fine with it.  Relievers, especially closers, are notoriously inconsistent from season to season, and it will be several seasons before a closer is necessary.

Rome

Let's keep young talent unless they're blown away by corner outfield star type prospects.

ice grillin you

other than maybe crawford theres not a single player at any level of the phillies organization i would care about trading

ice grillin you

phillies are trying to get marcell ozuna again this offseason

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 12, 2015, 07:34:10 PM
phillies are trying to get marcell ozuna again this offseason

Sounds like he's available for the right price.  Don't know if the Phils can/will pay what the Marlins want.