2015 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 05, 2015, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 10, 2015, 07:40:38 PM
Good call on the outrage on the MCW trade btw...he's tearing it up in Milwaukee.

hes worse than ET
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

well, your hero is the one who drafted him. and noel. and okafor. there isnt a guaranteed all-star in that bunch. embiid is a farce. saric is a humungous question mark.

3 drafts in and he has nothing to show for it. thats why hinkie got fired, essentially. because he sucks at every single solitary part of being a gm except for stockpiling draft picks.

meanwhile, the phillies have franco, nola, crawford, thompson, velasquez, williams, herrera, altherr, eickhoff, alfaro and the #1 pick coming. and $150 mil+ in salary space to spend. and you wonder why im high on one franchise and disgusted with the other.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he turned mcw into that lakers pick...it was an absolutely brilliant move...remember he wasn't picking mcw necessarily as a great player just as an asset

its absolutely baffling that of all the things you choose to kill him for you opt for him drafting the nba rookie of the year who then is traded for a potential top 3 pick because hes not really that good

MDS

you just described what i said. he sucks at drafting players because he was no talent evaluation ability (mcw) but hes extremely good at playing the market and trading for picks (mcw).

hinkie's zone is staying behind the scenes and being a trade negotiator. it was insulting to think that this anti social nerd who openly hates the fans who could care less about the city would be fit to be a gm. the dude has been running a blatant tanking operation for 2.5 years and runs away anytime bob cooney sticks a recorder in his face. hes a coward.

and now hes jerry colangelo's errand boy. have fun sammy.

notice how the phillies hired macphail to run the team...a real adult. they didnt just hire klentak, who is 15 and not ready yet.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

again going out of the way to single out mcw is so weird to me

he drafted the nba rookie of the year outside of the top ten...the he watched that player for a couple years and made a judgement that he wasn't gong to turn out all that good...how the farg can you that's not good player evaluation?

to make the trade you had to have a good enough player that other teams would want to take a chance on...and you had to believe that he wouldn't turn out to be that type of plsyer...on the second part we aren't quite there yet but I don't see mcw magically developing a shot at this stage

everything he ever did regarding mcw was correct player evaluation

im not saying hes jerry west but other than jah/porzingus I cant think of a mistake hes made yet in eval

PhillyPhreak54

MCW is the anti-Hinkie crews rallying cry for some odd reason

He won rookie of the year!

What will I tell my kids?!?

MDS

i dont give a shtein about that...you are just making a big deal out of something you read of said something angelo said.

if hinkie is so good at talent eval, why are the sixers 1-24? none of his 2nd round pick have amounted to anything. his pg stinks. his pf is a nobody. his center is better at punching people than basketball. hes had 3 cracks at this and done nothing. he keeps punting, waiting for the next draft and in the mean time, wasting everyones time when his wretched team steps on the floor.

if you own season tickets, what the farg are you going to do with the sixers game? how is that game going to be any fun to attend? if you are a dumb sap who buys sixers tickets or watches their boring, meaningless games, then you pretty much deserve what you get. i dont feel sorry for you there.

look...i get home from work, im tired, im beat. i just want to put the tv on a watch an entertaining basketball game. i havent been able to do that since hinkie took over. maybe now that hes been sidelined i will.

ice grillin you

omg there is so much wrong and uninformed in that post...i cant even do it

sometimes i wish they were simply a zesty 28 win team so that they wouldn't attract people that don't know the nba or for that matter basketball...being this horrific makes them national news and gets unbelievably awful takes from people who usually wouldn't give a shtein about them

MDS

so youre ok with tanking for xx years until they get the next lebron?

PhillyPhreak54

Unfortunately that's the only real way to win in the NBA. You ain't winning shtein doing how they tried to do it for years.

And would keeping MCW have made this any better? No. He couldn't and still can't shoot. You, as a talent evaluator, identify that and see if you can fleece someone.

Would you rather have kept him and he gets exposed even more and then he's worth bupkis?

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

because havas' entire world revolves around a 1-25 basketball team

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Charlie Morton traded to the Phils for a minor league pitcher

Dillen

In the Giles deal, Astros giving upAppel instead of Fisher. Lol. Good luck with that