2015 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 10, 2015, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

What is shocking about that?

I am saying if the speculation is correct about trading up with them for Mariota.

The Shanaclan ain't running WASH any longer - The Pickfather GOAT Scotty M may not do the deal

ice grillin you

THE SPECULATION IS NOT CORRECT
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I am speculating on the speculation, buzzkiller.

ice grillin you

MDS

think the eagles can get urlacher?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd prefer if they got Ashley Lelie and a big back.

Don Ho

:-D Holy shtein J!  Was seeing Lelie at the local Costco every so often few years back.  No not working, he was shopping.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Haha it would have been great if he was working there.

Zanshin

I'm super excited that this draft has a Kevin Johnson. Everyone has been wanting the Eagles to GET KEVIN JOHNSON for, like, years. McNabb would be so stoked, amirite?

ice grillin you

Rome

QuoteIn fairness, the Steelers more or less stumbled onto their franchise quarterback. After a rare losing season in 2003 they held the 11th pick. Owner Dan Rooney, in his words, "steered the conversation" away from Arkansas offensive tackle Shawn Andrews and towards Miami (Ohio) quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. None of which changes the fact that Colbert sees a trade-worthy prospect every three or four years. The Ravens, on the other hand, project more than one trade-up contingency in every first round, says DeCosta.

Nauseating...

SD

The most amazing part of Howie the GM is 5 years of handling the drafts he took 2 QBs (Foles/Barkley). The most important position on the field and he addressed it with 3rd and 4th round picks. It's not like they had Brady and it wasn't a priority.

Rome

They weren't drafting the rapist back then because of Donny but a great team seizes opportunities when they present themselves.  And more importantly they don't draft mental pygmies like Shawn Andrews.

QB Eagles

1. Andrews was good when he played. That's probably more than we would have been able to say about whoever the Eagles would have drafted instead of him.

2. I'm okay with bashing Howie but what QBs went between the Eagles 1st round picks and Foles and Barkley, which the team missed out on by not making QB "a priority"?

Foles: Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Russell Wilson
Barkley: EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon

Wilson, the only one of those guys anyone would possibly want to spend a high draft pick on, went in the same round as Foles, indicating to me that the Seahawks found the QB position as important as the Eagles did and got lucky.

With very rare exceptions, you are drafting a good QB with the first 10 picks, or you are getting damn lucky. And lately there have probably been more terrible QBs taken in the top 10 than good QBs taken in the rest of the draft.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 09, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
1. Andrews was good when he played. That's probably more than we would have been able to say about whoever the Eagles would have drafted instead of him.

2. I'm okay with bashing Howie but what QBs went between the Eagles 1st round picks and Foles and Barkley, which the team missed out on by not making QB "a priority"?

Foles: Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Russell Wilson
Barkley: EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon

Wilson, the only one of those guys anyone would possibly want to spend a high draft pick on, went in the same round as Foles, indicating to me that the Seahawks found the QB position as important as the Eagles did and got lucky.

With very rare exceptions, you are drafting a good QB with the first 10 picks, or you are getting damn lucky. And lately there have probably been more terrible QBs taken in the top 10 than good QBs taken in the rest of the draft.

There were plenty of opportunities to move up for a QB. Ryan Tannehill comes to mind. Instead of drafting Cox they could have addressed the most important need which is a QB. In 2011 instead of selecting the firewomen they could have taken Kaepernick.

It's just baffling to me that he was in charge for 5 years, never had a franchise QB, and never made an attempt to get one.