Week One -- 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 04, 2014, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

without looking guess how old mike carey is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Irrelevant point:  I don't think I've ever seen a sporting event on TV where they do the national anthem and never show the singer before this Charger-Cardinals game.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
i love these opening week mnf double headers...so nice to have a game still yet to start and its after ten

This could be a sneaky good game too

Tomahawk

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 08, 2014, 10:21:16 PM
Irrelevant point:  I don't think I've ever seen a sporting event on TV where they do the national anthem and never show the singer before this Charger-Cardinals game.

Racists

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 08, 2014, 10:23:04 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
i love these opening week mnf double headers...so nice to have a game still yet to start and its after ten

This could be a sneaky good game too

cant be worse than seeing the giants....good lord are they a hideous watch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Man, Berman's sounding super old and slightly drunk. Probably because he is.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i thought it wouldve been cool to give ian darke this game....yea he doesnt know what a football is but at least hes a broadcaster with talent
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

dilfer is great...and honestly I don't think berman on football is that bad at all...baseball is where hes god awful

MDS

twitter is having a field day with berman....NOBODY likes him. not a twitter soul

ice grillin you

thats cause they all associate him with the home run derby

but when it comes to football hes excellent on gameday and in the booth hes just another pbp guy...not great but certainly not bad enough to spazz out about

General_Failure

Twitter is for complaining. Nobody's going to tap out 140 characters to say they're okay with his announcing.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2014, 10:38:46 PM
thats cause they all associate him with the home run derby

but when it comes to football hes excellent on gameday and in the booth hes just another pbp guy...not great but certainly not bad enough to spazz out about

hes horrible...not nearly as bad as the derby but its really bad. but yea, not BAD to the extent that it requires shutting off the tv. thats all on him just being himself and people trying to one up each other on twitter.

the inside baseball issue is espn giving him this assignment when it has 100000000000 qualified announcers more deserving of the gig

General_Failure

If this is Berman when he's bad, I'll happily take a hundred of these games over one more Joe Buck game.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 08, 2014, 10:20:42 PM
without looking guess how old mike carey is

he's like 65. I was shocked when I heard that. I was watching one of those mic'd up segments and Favre wished him a happy birthday or something and Carey told him his age...shocked.

BTW - I am old. I used to love these late games. Now? Bed time soon. Pretty soon I will be full blown Dio and running errands and shtein.

Just joking. I won't ever go that far.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on September 08, 2014, 10:44:20 PM
If this is Berman when he's bad, I'll happily take a hundred of these games over one more Joe Buck game.

its just because its chris berman so its the thing to do to rip him no matter what...really hes pretty non descript in an nfl booth....if his name was kevin burkhardt no one would be saying a word about his announcing