Eagles - Jaguars - Week 1

Started by ice grillin you, September 01, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

He sure as hell had no problems throwing that awful pass up in the endzone.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 08, 2014, 05:42:33 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2014, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 08, 2014, 05:30:17 PM
His issue, I think, is that he wants to wait for guys to be wide open most of the time. He's not willing to push the ball into a tight window. That helps explain the low INTs last year. So if he doesn't see that wide ass open dude he's holding the rock

thats so true....i mean really think about how many times youve seen him throw a ball in a tight spot....and i don't even mean firing a rocket into a tiny window...im talking about even touch passes where a guy is covered well...like where you need to lay the ball out over the top to a moving wr

its not many

I think in intermediate routes that's probably right but he chucked a few up last year downfield into iffy coverage with Cooper and a few with Jackson.

hes done it of course....i more meant hes not very good at completing them...hes made a couple nice seam throws to covered te's...that's by far his best throw against good coverage...but overall he badly needs chip to get people loose to be successful and even more so this year without pimp who was the only wr on the team able to get himself open
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

it was cool to watch three minutes of nonsense so you could not see the linc at the end?

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles_Legendz

People breaking down tape saying WRs wide open all day and Foles kept missing them (at least Kapadia agrees with that assessment as well after seeing tape).  Hope he plays better Monday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/smartfootball/status/509754386374221824/photo/1

ice grillin you

people have trouble understanding a wr being open and getting open

mack was obviously open on the touchdown but he didnt get open

watch the wr's off the line of scrimmage and tell me how many times they beat coverage

MDS

you keep obsessing over this...how many teams have an amazing group of wide outs who "get" open all the time?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2014, 05:16:57 PM
it was cool to watch three minutes of nonsense so you could not see the linc at the end?

ha...exactly. I posted that before I watched it. What a fleshpop tease.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2014, 02:30:10 PM
you keep obsessing over this...how many teams have an amazing group of wide outs who "get" open all the time?

you don't need to be open every time....but for example in the first half an eagle wr got open anywhere btwn 3-5 times...a couple were judgement calls...against effin jacksonville...im scared when they go against a good defense

its been repeated again and again but obviously chip relies on his system to get people open...he schemed people open and Jacksonville blew coverage a few other times (not nearly as many as people think tho) that should have been big plays ...maybe that wins them a superbowl....but I don't believe it....I think chips system with a great wr or two is the way to go

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 10, 2014, 02:31:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2014, 05:16:57 PM

ha...exactly. I posted that before I watched it. What a fleshpop tease.

wouldn't have been so bad if I just skipped to the end...but I was all hyped to see down into the stadium from above so I figured I go for the whole ride....NOPE

Rome

So the offense would be more productive with Jerry Rice and Megatron?

I need to see the math.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 10, 2014, 03:05:40 PM
So the offense would be more productive with Jerry Rice and Megatron?

I need to see the math.

or pimp....but lunch pail trumps talent with chip....lets buckle up and see if hes right and wins a superbowl