Eagles - Jaguars - Week 1

Started by ice grillin you, September 01, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

That was a bad call on Cox - but it is the NFL and that is par for the course now.

The amount of time that Foles was holding the ball was insane. The entire time I kept thinking how I couldn't wait for him to watch the film so he could see how downright awful he was.

phattymatty

i still can't believe how bad foles was in the first half. spitting image of dallas last year. when you have girls in the stands yelling about open receivers, something is wrong. hopefully it's a one time thing like last year.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I said to my buddy that it was a mirror image of the home Dallas game....hopefully when he sees the film he can correct the whole taking a nap while in the pocket thing.

smeags

speaking of fletcher - his fumble recovery td lost me $100 but whatever. agreed, that call on him was brutal.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

I didn't have a problem with the horse collar call. Obviously replay showed that it wasn't, but at full speed it certainly looked like it was. Can't really blame the refs for calling that.

Definitely wouldn't mind it if refs could take a 2nd look on p/f calls like that.

SunMo

One big play that ended up not being as big because of the final score was the 2nd play of the 4th quarter.  The eagles had a couple of stalled drives after their 2nd touchdown.  They had 3rd and 7 and mathews caught a pass and made a nice little move to pick up the first down.  That was the drive that Parkey hit the 51 yard fg to tie it up.  It was good poise by Mathews to know he had to get the 1st.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 08, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
I didn't have a problem with the horse collar call. Obviously replay showed that it wasn't, but at full speed it certainly looked like it was. Can't really blame the refs for calling that.

Definitely wouldn't mind it if refs could take a 2nd look on p/f calls like that.

basically

its fine for the refs to be cautionary on the PF calls, but theres gotta be a way to challenge them or something.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

70,000 people booing a zesty call is nothing new for the NFL.

They won't ever change, though.  Why would they?

General_Failure

If more things were able to be challenged teams would lose both of them in the first quarter on 50 yard PI calls.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 08, 2014, 09:29:01 AM
The amount of time that Foles was holding the ball was insane. The entire time I kept thinking how I couldn't wait for him to watch the film so he could see how downright awful he was.

Holy shtein that was infuriating watching that.  He does understand that the Jaguars are an NFL team and do have players that can rush the QB?  Bad things usually happen when you hold on to the ball for 10 seconds.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

His issue, I think, is that he wants to wait for guys to be wide open most of the time. He's not willing to push the ball into a tight window. That helps explain the low INTs last year. So if he doesn't see that wide ass open dude he's holding the rock

Eagles_Legendz

I don't even know if that's true though.  That was the explanation for why Cooper got better with Foles -- that he trusted him more while Vick waited until someone was wide open.  He just didn't look comfortable at all. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 08, 2014, 05:30:17 PM
His issue, I think, is that he wants to wait for guys to be wide open most of the time. He's not willing to push the ball into a tight window. That helps explain the low INTs last year. So if he doesn't see that wide ass open dude he's holding the rock

thats so true....i mean really think about how many times youve seen him throw a ball in a tight spot....and i don't even mean firing a rocket into a tiny window...im talking about even touch passes where a guy is covered well...like where you need to lay the ball out over the top to a moving wr

its not many
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2014, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 08, 2014, 05:30:17 PM

thats so true....i mean really think about how many times youve seen him throw a ball in a tight spot....and i don't even mean firing a rocket into a tiny window...im talking about even touch passes where a guy is covered well...like where you need to lay the ball out over the top to a moving wr

its not many

I think in intermediate routes that's probably right but he chucked a few up last year downfield into iffy coverage with Cooper and a few with Jackson.