Eagles - Jaguars - Week 1

Started by ice grillin you, September 01, 2014, 12:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i think he left at halftime.

basically foles was a tire fire in 1H and fairly solid in 2H so obviously THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

kkk - matthews - mack in a three wide

just atrocious...i don't think there was a single play in the entire game where they any of them got theirself open
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 07, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
kkk - matthews - mack in a three wide

just atrocious...i don't think there was a single play in the entire game where they any of them got theirself open

Foles second fumble Maclin was open by 20 yards behind the D.  Same play he scored on and Foles didn't find him.

QB Eagles

I pretty much agree with igs. Tougher to see on TV, but other than a few plays where Matthews outran his coverage (and sometimes the ball), the WRs looked blanketed. Not counting total busted coverage like the Maclin TD.

ice grillin you

yup....I have end zone seats up high so I see everything...im not excusing foles at all....he squeezed the ball like he wanted to rape it....but NO ONE could get open

MDS

no one could get open yet they dropped 27 points after a god awful 1H

yea i mean obviously theyd be better with pimp...but they still put up points kiddo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sproles run
complete busted coverage
defensive td
ertz

against jacksonvillolole

Eagles_Legendz

Meh I was sitting at 40 yd line in 2nd level.  Receivers were open in the first half.

ice grillin you

not even close....i watched them on every play

they were AWFUL all game

Eagles_Legendz

Find the all-22 later in the week and watch Foles second fumble and see if there's a jaguar within 20 yards of Maclin.  Or Foles throwing behind Matthews.  Or Foles the play after the 30 yd seam to Ertz where Maclin is alone on the sidelines for 5 seconds.   I didn't see cooper open once.  Thought Foles was missing people in the first half.

ice grillin you

fine...once a WR might have been open

out of 85 plays

Eagles_Legendz

I'm not making excuses for the O.  I thought they were awful despite the final numbers.   OLine wasn't great.  Too many sweeps / not enough north-south running.  Receivers as a whole were meh and Foles was zesty.  I have concerns about the O but thought it was at Foles feet this game.  We'll see going forward.

ice grillin you

the WR's coming in were the biggest concern and they still are...and im not even a big foles fan...but I have more faith in him than the bums they are running out wide in the offense...its embarrassing watching those three line up pre snap

Eagles_Legendz

I think Foles will be ok but was terrible today.  Gus gameplanned well.  The fake screens back to the other side were always covered.  DLine won battles which made play action less effective etc. 

Thought the front 7 on D was very good and good sign for Parkey to continue to nut up in that situation.

ice grillin you

yeah parkey was the shining light of the game...ertz a close second

also as predicted after a year where no OL missed a game one went down right away