2014 Phillies Thread - There's Always Next Year

Started by Rome, March 28, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

seems fair...though the free pass the team gets for 09-11 and the encompassing blame amaro gets is simply incorrect. but hes such a horrible gm and been such a fleshpop in real life i cant really begrudge people for just saying its all his fault.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

very rarely is there a team that doesn't win a title because of a coach....andy might actually be one example....it almost always falls on the players and that def was the case with those teams

but that doesnt change the fact that amaro is a pos
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2014, 12:41:14 PM
very rarely is there a team that doesn't win a title because of a coach....andy might actually be one example....it almost always falls on the players and that def was the case with those teams

but that doesnt change the fact that amaro is a pos

fair

and a key to remember: if amaro doesnt make those horrible trades or throw stupid money at choke...theyd still stink. name 1 player they traded away in that run that's come back to bite them. singleton? he isnt hitting his weight. villar? lol. cosart? middle of the pack starter. drabek? lol. they drafted beyond poorly during that nl east title run and that was their downfall.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

amaro's problem is the moves he doesn't make not the ones he does

if there was a god he wouldn't have been able to stop this teams demise....they had a once in a lifetime crop of young players who more or less all came up together...and then all got old together....its the circle of life

the problem is roob has added on like 5-7 years to an already long rebuilding process

MDS

well all knew this was happening...except for like J, donho and 95% of the fan base.

but lets say after 2012 roob call it quits with this team. doesnt re-up hamels, trades lee, didnt sign choke, doesnt extend jimmy or chase. what the hell do they do? they had NO talent in the minor leagues to call up. it was always going to take this long...unless you hire a different gm who drafts totally different players post-wade and arbuckle.

ice grillin you

in theory he trades most of those guys and they have prospects now who are in double A and on the cusp of coming up or at least relatively close....as it stands the system is completely bare with no end in sight until a few more drafts

the team would still be terrible right nowl....but there would be a little daylight at the end of the tunnel...right now the light in the tunnel is a train

also the sooner you become really bad the sooner you start getting really high draft picks that are more likely to pan out

MDS

the most likely trade they wouldve made was lee, howard and maybe papelbon to the doyers...basically instead of what the red sox did.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote@JeffSkversky: Phillies have had the best bullpen in MLB with a 1.97 over the last month #Phillies

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

franco, who sucks because ruben amaro was the gm when he was drafted, with an rbi hit and some nice plays at 1B

where homer j at? you still on team choke?

PhillyPhreak54

I'm on team get better I don't care how team, son!

ice grillin you

franco is a joke....lol at attaching yourself to him

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2014, 08:27:02 PM
franco is a joke....lol at attaching yourself to him

giles was going to flame out...franco is a joke...bla bla bla

lets remember this gem and double back in a years time

ice grillin you

Rome