Soooooooooocheeeeeeeee - 2014 Winter Games - Hockey Edition

Started by ice grillin you, February 06, 2014, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD on February 15, 2014, 08:57:33 AM
How infuriating is it watching JVR develop into a complete player...then watching the slow plodding waste we got in return for him. I was never the biggest JVR guy but what a horrible trade.
JVR shines in things like the Olympics or the World Jr's because the physical part of the game really isn't there unless you play the Canadians.  Thus he's all world until someone hits his sissy mouth. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 15, 2014, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: SD on February 15, 2014, 08:57:33 AM
How infuriating is it watching JVR develop into a complete player...then watching the slow plodding waste we got in return for him. I was never the biggest JVR guy but what a horrible trade.
JVR shines in things like the Olympics or the World Jr's because the physical part of the game really isn't there unless you play the Canadians.  Thus he's all world until someone hits his sissy mouth.

or he has to play defense
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 15, 2014, 11:33:28 AMbut even if you are really into olympic hockey this game meant less than nothing.....both teams are locks to be in the medal round....I laughed when pierre was interviewing oshie and he was like how do you perform under that kind of pressure....you could tell oshie wanted to say well there was no pressure because this game meant shtein but he gave some cliché ridden answer instead....its sickening how much nbc is making this into the event of our lives....and of course the sheep will follow

yup...i slept through it.

its essentially a warm up game for the medal round. none of those teams have played with each other...its almost like a scrimmage.

not to mention people were trying to make this out to be miracle on ice II. these 2 countries have played eons of times since then...all players on both side are rich professionals...its just a farging hockey game. but you cant tell twitter that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im glad i watched it....but jesus lets keep things in perspective here....and if i had missed it i wouldn't have cared at all

MDS

a 630 start time is a total dead zone for me....cant stay up/cant get up that early. for a gold medal final i woulda found a way but for some scrimmage prelim game that means nothing? no sir

i scrolled through my twitter feed when i got up...it was a disgrace. people who doing the "somewhere mike eurozione" is smiling bit. like this is the first time since 1980 the us and the ruskies are playing hockey.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the thing is most of those people don't really care about the game....they just wanna yell on twitter or facebook....the only people who truly care are like 75 year old recluses living in idaho who still think the cold war is on

MDS

and romey...who started off the day with some whining that he couldnt find the game even though its on the station that airs a ton of hockey

i love that old coot

ice grillin you

no one better

and fyi he might care less than anyone about the game

Rome

Quote from: SD on February 15, 2014, 11:24:25 AM
Quote from: Rome on February 15, 2014, 11:23:08 AM
The US wins a thriller and people here still find multiple reasons to whine.

Amazing.

Put yourself on the opposite end. If the US loses on a goal that was disallowed you'd be bitching up a storm.

You bitch when you lose, not when you win.   Just so sick of coming to this place and reading the same nauseating defeatist shtein day after day.

PS: See the exchange above.  Zzzzzzzz...

ice grillin you

how is not caring whether they win or lose being defeatist...world cup im guilty as charged as I actively root against the u.s.....i dont get the attitude that you have to be IN just because its an international event...plus even if you are invested in the event all sd was doing is seeing the game as it was....is he supposed to not be honest because its america?

SD

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

just absolute domination by norway but down 2-0....ill take it....have a real chance for big money after one...austria is really bad tho