2014 Winter Olympics - Sponsored by the most corrupt country in the world!

Started by Seabiscuit36, February 06, 2014, 01:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

SD

No work on Thursday most likely, bunch of us from work are meeting at my buddies house at 7. His wife is making us this monster breakfast and bloody mary's. We're gonna get bent and watch Olympic hockey.

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Great work by that NBC reporter asking Bode Miller if he misses his dead brother 8 times. 

Don Ho

I've only watched a few events and as you can imagine with the NBC delay and the Hawaii delay really make it difficult to enjoy.  I think we're watching stuff from the Vancouver Olympics half the time.

And yes, WTF with continuing to question Bode Miller about his dead brother.  That was pathetic reporting.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

I thought that was disgusting. That reporter clearly had an agenda of premeditated questions designed to get him to break down for some warped sensationalism, and in the process robbed him of his moment of just getting to enjoy winning what may be his last Olympic medal. Pretty pathetic.

Eagaholic

So, it is obvious these NBC dirtbags have it as a corporate strategy
QuoteThe Miller interview wasn't the first during these Olympics to draw criticism to NBC for its apparent invasiveness.

On Friday, NBC host Meredith Vieira asked American skeleton competitor Noelle Pikus-Pace about a miscarriage she suffered. Another American Olympian, Katie Uhlaender, was brought to tears on Friday after she was asked in another interview how her late father would have felt watching her performance. She missed winning a bronze medal in the skeleton by just 0.04 seconds.

Amazingly, the NBC exec in charge justified the Miller bit as a story that needed to be told. "Exploitative leeches" was a good description I saw in the comments the quote came from.

MDS

Quote from: Don Ho on February 18, 2014, 12:33:54 AM
I've only watched a few events and as you can imagine with the NBC delay and the Hawaii delay really make it difficult to enjoy.  I think we're watching stuff from the Vancouver Olympics half the time.

And yes, WTF with continuing to question Bode Miller about his dead brother.  That was pathetic reporting.

i was thinking of this last night. primetime in hawaii begins at 10am sochi time...meaning that tomorrow's events are already under way when nbc's tape delay bs starts for the drunken psychopaths that inhabit that volcano in the pacific ocean.

nbc's care factor about the hawaii market: negative zero
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.