Championship Game Weekend

Started by Rome, January 13, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2014, 12:41:11 PM
i actually think san fran is a better team than seattle....and i know its not kosher to say this but i think russell wilson is a fraud

the question is can san fran win at seattle after their last month.....at arizona....at green bay....at carolina....now at seattle

thats ridiculous

I don't think Wilson is a fraud but I don't like him being included in the upper echelon of QBs because to me he hasn't put a team on his back and won it by himself yet. Running game not working and the defense has an off day? I need to see him shoulder those obstacles and throw/run over someone and will them to a win. Has he even been in a shootout yet where every possession relies on him? I don't think so.

Agreed on Brady and Belichick.

What I like so much about Belichick is that he isn't in the conventional NFL coach mindset. He'll go for it on his own 30 and doesn't give a shtein. He also identifies the opposition's best threat to beat him and will focus on that player rather than stay true to some system.

Rome

ice grillin you

apparently cheating only matters in the superbowl....cause they cheated when they won a title but they didnt cheat when they went 16-0 and made two superbowls

or make the conf final this year with that garbage ass team

in conclusion dont be a simpleton romey...you are better than this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

I want the Broncos to win...there's no reason for Eli to have more Super Bowl Rings than Peyton

Sgt PSN

Even if the Pats don't make it to or win the SB, this season has been total vindication for the whole spygate thing, imo.  What they've done this year is nothing short of miraculous.  Unless they're still cheating.  That would totally explain it. 

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2014, 12:48:47 PMim probably alone in this but i absolutely love brady and belichek....

Nah, you're not alone.  Pats fans can suck a fleshpop, and Kraft is an all time terrible human being, but these two are the greatest ever.  They're cold blooded killers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I'm hoping for Denver/SanFran, but I think it'll be New England/Seattle.

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 19, 2014, 01:17:58 PM
I want the Broncos to win...there's no reason for Eli to have more Super Bowl Rings than Peyton

What's worse is Eli got his rings by beating the team Peyton has the hardest time beating.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 19, 2014, 01:20:09 PM
Kraft is an all time terrible human being

please expand....im open to change....i havent drinkin a coors light in over 10 years and havent eaten at chick fila in over five...is he that kind of horrible?

i dont know a whole lot about him but ive only heard great things

Sgt PSN

I suspect it's because he has a gazillion dollars and genuinely good and decent people typically don't acquire that kind of wealth because they're too busy being, you know, nice. 

Sgt PSN

And I've been a fan of the entire Brady/Bilicheck era other than 2004.  I think that had any other team beaten the Eagles in the SB that year, I'd still be harboring lots of hate and discontent for that franchise for the next 30 years, but I really can't bring myself to hate much of anything/anyone to do with that team.  They just know what they're doing better than any other team in the league.   

ice grillin you

pretty much

and yeah the eagles lost to a superior team so it doesnt really hurt me

losing to farging tampa and carolina was way worse

hell the lightning going thru the flyers to a cup hurts more

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2014, 01:22:45 PMplease expand....im open to change....

He's an archetypal American capitalist, a money bully.  The incident I know the most about, from a family member who was deep in the negotiations,  involves a paper mill he owns in a tiny town in Connecticut, and specifically the quality of the water going into it and then out of it.  Long story short, he used his power to secure a sweetheart deal, which he then turned into an even better deal by pitting his fleet of top dollar lawyers against the town's lone, part time guy.  Eventually, he extracted millions from, and cost millions more to a town of very modest means. 

He also farged Hartford hard over the stadium thing, but that's long ago and not nearly as cynical and mean spirited.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

not making light of it but so pretty much this....

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 19, 2014, 01:39:24 PM
I suspect it's because he has a gazillion dollars and genuinely good and decent people typically don't acquire that kind of wealth because they're too busy being, you know, nice.

Diomedes

Sgt PSN