SD

Hof Heyward was just traded to the cards

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I wonder why they dealt him?

Heyward and Walden for Shelby Miller and a minor leaguer

Also...Toronto gave Russell Martin 5/$82M

The farg?

BigEd76

Heyward has 1 year left and wants a huge deal.  Miller is under contract for 4 or 5 years

MDS

sad that there's no sense in figuring out what the heyward trade means for the phllies....it means nothing. they suck.

the martin deal is a definite sign toronto is serious. hamels deal on the way?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

why would hamels ever agree to a trade to toronto?

unless that was sarcasm.  then lolz.

MDS

he obviously wants no part of this team, and who could blame him. but the only 3 teams that have the $ to afford cole and the prospects for the phillies are boston, toronto and chicago.

his preference is obviously 1- chicago 2- boston 3-toronto....but if the blue jays are the only/best deal out there, why wouldnt he take it? plus, im not sure which teams are on his no trade list.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i was just reading an article on the stanton deal

during the 2018 and 2019 seasons he will make 77 million dollars
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

QuoteTUESDAY, 4:25pm: Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets the full breakdown: after earning the previously-reported $30MM total over the first three years of the deal, Stanton will take home annual values of $25MM (2018), $26MM (2019, 2020), $29MM (2021, 2022), $32MM (2023, 2024, 2025), $29MM (2026), and $25MM (2027).

The deal also includes a $25MM club option for 2028, which comes with a $10MM buyout to make up the remainder of the guaranteed value in the deal.

Rome

That's a staggering amount of cash.

Good for him.

PhillyPhreak54

It's a great deal for him.

Too bad he has to endure that scumbag Loria and his mini-me jerkoff Samson

SunMo

he didn't have to sign on and stay there... he gets what he deserves.  after all that bitching about them not putting a team around him he signs himself up until he's at least 31 with a management who has proven they will gut the team whenever they want
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

But they have 2 championships in 14 years, not bad for a shteinhole team, with a cheap payroll (previously), cheap owner, and non-existent fans.

Dodgers have mule dick in 26 years...and counting.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Oh boo hoo.  The Lakers & Kings have won about 50 titles in that time frame, so quit feeling sorry for yourself.