Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteSome people love football so much they would play in the NFL for free. San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith is going one step further.

Smith, who is eligible to return to the 49ers this week after serving a nine-game suspension, will become one of the rare, if not the only player in league history, to pay for the privilege of playing football, according to sources.

After Smith's nine-game suspension, his salary this season will be $1.099 million, with the net after taxes being $525,000. The 49ers will take all of that from his game checks this season for money he owes due to signing bonus forfeiture, according to sources.

But what he makes this season won't be enough to cover what he owes the 49ers, so the team will take another $661,000 after this season, the sources said.

Diomedes

Why do so many teams take the time out rather than the 5 yard penalty for delay of game?  I don't understand why you'd burn a time out in the first quarter to avoid a five yard setback, but it seems to be the consensus move.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on November 09, 2014, 01:30:09 PM
Why do so many teams take the time out rather than the 5 yard penalty for delay of game?  I don't understand why you'd burn a time out in the first quarter to avoid a five yard setback, but it seems to be the consensus move.

you answered your own question....its the q1...depending on down distance score you might do what you are saying in the 3q....but first half you are looking for ways to use your timeouts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Doesn't add up to me.  I'd want to hang onto my time outs for end of second half.  Seems to me a timeout is more important than five yards, especially in Q1 or Q3.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

in the second half, yes

in the first half, it really just depends on the situation
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

No shocker here - Carson Palmer out with a torn ACL

Ink wasn't even dry on that contract he signed Friday

BigEd76

Patrick Willis is done for the year.  He's getting surgery on his foot next week

Sgt PSN

Santanio Holmes released.  I'm sure he was the problem.

phattymatty

don't he and sanchize hate each others guts?

i say bring him in, not enough drama this year.

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/533077426231078912

Finally taken down, so here's the image you've probably already seen.

http://i.imgur.com/FBhy4sr.jpg

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I just saw that on deadspin....someone is getting fired tonight!

QB Eagles

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the account of a legitimate Patriots fan.

PhillyPhreak54

lolol good point - some Boston dude who wished he was an extra in American History X

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous