Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Pegula spends more on cigars each year than he did on Marrone.  I'm hearing Frank Reich but I can't imagine he's the answer to anyone's wet dream in Buffalo.

QB Eagles

That team is/was a QB away from being fairly incredible. Not that a QB seemed to be imminent, but now things seem to be progressing in more of a typical Buffalo train wreck manner.

MDS

if the eagles can improve their qb situation (doubtful), foles would be about the best buffalo could expect, considering they dont have a 1st this year because of the watkins trade
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I just texted my buddy who's a Buffalo die-hard about this and his response was just about what you'd expect:

"Yeah, good riddance..."

Haha... Bills fans are even more cynical and rage-filled than we are.

MDS

1. the last time the bills made the playoffs was 1999, i.e. the music city miracle
2. they live, or have lived, in buffalo

i do not blame them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on December 31, 2014, 07:02:17 PM
if the eagles can improve their qb situation (doubtful), foles would be about the best buffalo could expect, considering they dont have a 1st this year because of the watkins trade

Cutler is probably their best option (if he even is an option, depending on what happens with the coach and GM situation in Chicago), which is not a good place to be.

I'm tempted to say just let EJ Manuel get another year under center, cause it's not like he's significantly worse than their other options. But Manuel is so brutal that maybe he actually is significantly worse.

MDS

manuel is so bad they signed kyle orton off the street and 3 weeks later he was starting

cutler is what he is....but all in all he's a decent qbs. you dont let those go. he's not worth what they paid him, but you cant let him go and expect to find someone better. the bears have to roll the dice with jay and hope that, at some point, he stops acting like a spoiled prep school villain.

remember they made the nfccg with him...then he "got hurt." the past 2 years were under some coach they plucked from canada. a decent HC/OC can turn that thing around, easy.

ice grillin you

when did doug marrone become vince lombardi
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05