Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

you dont notice the length of games watching on tv as much as you do when you have to drive home to maryland after every game.....they were long as shtein...i think cause of all the passing in general...chips only had two games i think where he lost his mind and got crazy pass happy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

6 timeouts per game being used too
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

2 Buc trades:

Mark Barron to the Rams for a 4th + 6th

Jon Casillas to the Patriots

Seabiscuit36

Mark Barron would have been a nice upgrade over anything on the eagles
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

final number was 8.5 million for the 930am lions/falcons game

thats a great number for any sport...the nhl cant even dream about it. imagine if they put a real team in that timeslot. these are happening again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Why would they waste a real team in that time slot when there's three prime time games a week?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

not all primetime games are good matchups....even on paper

QB Eagles

I'd take a Sunday morning London game every week in exchange for getting rid of Thursday Night Football. I thought it would grow on me but every year I hate it more.

smeags

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2014, 04:06:21 PM
I'd take a Sunday morning London game every week in exchange for getting rid of Thursday Night Football. I thought it would grow on me but every year I hate it more.

agreed. whether its watching down at a tailgate or just waking up at home and turning the t.v. on. it works.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2014, 04:06:21 PM

definitely...i didnt watch one second of the game last sunday morn but sundy morn is a cool thing...I always envy the people on the west coast who can wake up sunday and either not have to wait long or can roll right out of bed and flick on a live sporting event....thursday nite games are never my priority....ill always favor a sixers flyers or even another really good nba game over it...it just doesn't feel right

their number one priority tho should be getting the Monday after the superbowl to be a national holiday....get rid of presidents day or mlk...the sb is more of an American thing than either of those...or move it to Saturday...the game is so big that it doesn't adhere to normal tv rules and would get just as good a rating on sat as it would sun

Seabiscuit36

Games on the west coast woudln't be bad at all.  For DonHo though, games are rough that early. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

The obvious solution for him is to get to bed by 6 pm on Saturday.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Right on, QB...agreed.

Give us the Sunday AM game and shtein can Thursday.

I like Thursday games right now only because I can sleep in a bit on Fridays due to my work schedule that day. If I had to get up early? No.

MDS

all about you?

thursday is awful but the ratings were strong...cbs more than doubled their normal number for a thursday when they aired that god awful big bang theory and that show is insanely popular. so thursday isnt going anywhere.

Quote from: General_Failure on October 31, 2014, 02:57:56 PM
Why would they waste a real team in that time slot when there's three prime time games a week?

teams max out at 6 primetime games (5 are scheduled, leaving 1 open to be moved), plus there are limitations on how many games espn/nbc can "steal" from fox/cbs. 930 wouldnt count as primetime and it would air on cbs/fox.

so basically it would be a way to showcase a matchup that would normally be lost in the 100 mass. for example cowboys/jaguars is airing at 100 from london...if they move that farger to 930am is does a better number than fox wouldve gotten airing whatever news bullshtein they normally air, plus its 3 more hours of the nfl dominating the teevee.

like i said before i think every london game next year goes to 930, except for the ones involving west coast teams. those will stay at 100. 5 london games planned for next year, so figure 3-4 will go early, which is a good number.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I thought the five games report turned out to be bullshtein.