Dead in 2014

Started by BigEd76, January 01, 2014, 01:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

finally, robin williams

lasted a lot longer than nature intended
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn he wasn't very old

MDS

63 i think

good actor when he wanted to be, but a raging drunk and drug abuser. probably had his reasons. lucky he lasted as long as he did. story i read said he choked himself. suicide. cya.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that's what my buddy just texted me. Suicide

Rome

Couldn't outlast his demons.  Too bad.  He was a funny and talented motherfarger.

rjs246

Huh. If I remember correctly he was pretty open about his mental disorders. Manic depressive maybe? Anyway, suicide is messy business.

Also, One Hour Photo was creepy as shtein.

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

F'n talented dude, he brought a lot of joy to people, sad that he couldn't get settled with himself.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

hbionic

In a way it probably is.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

lets be real...he was a human person and outside of some exceptions (munson, members of the republican party, donovan mcnabb, etc.) its not great when people die

but its not like robin williams was in his prime. he wasnt going to do anything from here on out that was gonna stick.

rjs246

For me, Robin Williams fluctuated between corny and irritating and borderline brilliant. I think a lot of that had to do with his manic-ness. Sometimes it worked, but when it didn't it was pretty bad.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Regardless of if it worked or not, the dude earned the right to unlimited Mulligans for the rest of his life. Comedy is like beer, different tastes for different people. He did it from Popeye, through Mork & Mindy, to Patch Adams, to everything else he did. Yes, his act probably was a bit irritating because he's lasted so many years and we already had an idea of what was coming, but he was still an important Americana. It's sad to see him go only because that's another building block that forms our lives that disappears from life. He's not there anymore. Sucks. But we'll always have Mrs. Doubtfire.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

dead poets society is him at his best

filmed in delaware

Diomedes

Nah, his best was the crazy stand up shtein that was never recorded, and which inspired/intimidated an entire generation of wicked talented comics.