Week 17 - 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 29, 2013, 01:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

san fran - chi/gb would def be the sunday game right?

birds saints saturday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 29, 2013, 05:01:09 PM
May all of you be electrocuted in the nuts

Whatever gets you amped up for the game, man.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 29, 2013, 05:01:09 PM
May all of you be electrocuted in the nuts

Sure, let's use your outlets.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2013, 05:03:47 PM
san fran - chi/gb would def be the sunday game right?

birds saints saturday

nbc technically gets its pick for saturday night....chi/gb vs. sf would be the pick. but them stealing the eagles/dallas game might prevent them from getting their selection. really up to the nfl how they want to handle it. they play middle middleman in these spots.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

oh i didnt know networks got the pick in the postseason....i thought the league put the best games in  the best slots

QB Eagles

Bears just penalized 15 yards on 3rd down for daring to touch Aaron Rodgers.

MDS

nbc technically gets 1st pick and last pick for that saturday, but for example 2 years ago (when they stole giants/cowboys week 17) they got the 2nd best nfc wild card game because fox was so beside itself that it lost that game

last year and this year fox lost the cowboys, but had terrific week 17 games anyway. so the ratings difference were/are going to be minimal. so its tough to predict how the nfl will compensate them for losing a killer game when in the end its not going to make a difference in their bottom line.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so whats your prediction?

i personally cant not see sf verse a chi/gb winner late sunday

MDS

its complicated because the two nfc bye teams are terrible draws, which means its unlikely the nfl wants them at 430 sunday divisional spot. they want manning there, or maybe brady.

plus the two afc wild card games are horrible...not something you want for 430 either. id lean toward sf/chicago getting the 430 sunday next week which means eagles/saints goes primetime saturday night. then they go 100 sunday for the divisional round vs. carolina.

fox has the primetime championship game + the super bowl so im thinking they are OK with losing the 430 divisional game (which rates the best out of all of them).

ice grillin you

yeah im talkin strictly next weekend

PhillyPhreak54

Yeahhhhh the power is back!

I want a Saturday night game. Cold and windy so the Saints farging freeze

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 29, 2013, 05:31:28 PM

You mean they installed the temporary grid connection. They'll need to take your power down again for a few more hours around 9PM to install the new transformer.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2013, 05:31:00 PM
yeah im talkin strictly next weekend

wild card tv decisions effect the following round. each network gets a 430 sunday game, those are determined year to year. championship game timeslots rotate. so you have to look a week ahead to figure out what will happen.

but like i said im thinking sf/chi goes 430 next sunday which means you get a 12 hour tailgate session on saturday

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 29, 2013, 05:33:16 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 29, 2013, 05:31:28 PM

You mean they installed the temporary grid connection. They'll need to take your power down again for a few more hours around 9PM to install the new transformer.

And may the steelers make the playoffs to torment you sir!

Whoaaaa at this call in the GB game! Stupid Bears

Chiefs balling hard...

QB Eagles