Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 02, 2014, 01:01:33 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 01, 2014, 07:35:24 PM
I'm sorry...I think I saw Havas advocate the acquisition of Jeremy Lin.

Are my contacts ripped?

Hinkle saw him up close and personal in Houston,  so it might not be totally out of the question. Too bad Chinks had to change their name.

it would have nothing to do with lin himself...they would acquire him merely to garner future draft picks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

zach lowe:

QuoteWatching Philly next season is going to be awful. It is only for the NBA's jittery League Pass fiends watching four games at once, tweeting, and chugging Red Bull. But watching Philly over the next half-decade is going to be amazing.

ice grillin you

grantland has this awesome special where they had cameras in the kings war room for the draft this year and actually a bunch of nerdy basketball kids advising their war room as well....its pretty good....but one of things you see during it is hinkie magic offering ten and (2) twos for 8....pete d'ambrosio their gm basically says farg off and laughs at the offer

also holy shtein is vivek annoying as hell....i saw him on sixty minutes and he seems like a good cat but i would not wanna work for him...he literally is playing fantasy basketball with a pro sports franchise

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Meaning they wanted Vonleh or Stauskas at 8.  I'm assuming Vonleh.

ice grillin you

def vonleh cause he was dropping

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah I like stauskas and think he'll be solid but I wanted Vonleh once he started to fall.  I think he has the biggest upside after the top four.

ice grillin you

i just dont think hinkie magic would give up assets unless it was for a player who shouldnt be there like vonleh...he would look at that as a steal whereas staukus actually went a little higher than expected

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Hopefully Angelo and Eskin will shut the farg up about Hinkie not talking now.

phattymatty

if the rockets get carmelo, their first round pick is not going to be high. seems kind of like a worthless deal to me unless i'm missing somethig. although i guess the asian contingent could be a boost to whats going to be horrible sixers attendance next year.

PhillyPhreak54

I bet some games they'll struggle to have 1000 people in the seats

MDS

Quote from: phattymatty on July 02, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
if the rockets get carmelo, their first round pick is not going to be high. seems kind of like a worthless deal to me unless i'm missing somethig. although i guess the asian contingent could be a boost to whats going to be horrible sixers attendance next year.

they might be looking at getting like 3-4 picks or something....cant imagine theyd take on lin's salary for the 26th pick in 2014 and thats it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah it would be a lot more than just a one next year....in fact future ones would probably be 2-3 years out

i believe in the iguoadala trade last year utah got (2) ones and (3) twos for facilitating