Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

QuoteThere are some notable exceptions from that list, including 2014 draftees K.J. McDaniels and Jordan McRae.  The Sixers intend to form two (mostly) separate squads, one going to Orlando and one going to Vegas, and intentionally split-up draftees and invitees to form two mostly separate teams.  Both McDaniels and McRae should be in Vegas.  There are some players who may go to both, such as Nerlens Noel.  The Las Vegas Summer League roster has yet to be officially announced.

One player who may go to Vegas is Arsalan Kazemi, as reported by John Gonzalez of Comcast SportsNet.  Kazemi spent the year in his native Iran, playing for Petrochimi, where he averaged 13.1 points, 11.1 rebounds, and 2.2 steals in 28.3 minutes per game.  He averaged 9.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, and 2.1 steals during his senior season at Oregon.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Yeah,  I'm just talking about building the nucleus of the team through the Draft,  then adding through free agency once you have talent that would be attractive to some top level players.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
oh they are going to make power moves in the free agency and trade markets one day...they arent just relying on all these young guys to turn into superstars...but obviously now is not the time to do that

this summer i want to see them be a facilitator in helping teams either bag a free agent or as the third team in a sign and trade where they can pick up some future firsts for taking on salary

lol false hope is a wonderful thing to have

hinkie is going to do whatever he wants. the owner is busy throwing orgy parties at the hamptons, the coach isnt even allowed in the draft room, the fans do not care about their record. hinkie is the exact type of baseball saber nerd you whine about swinging fantasy sports trades (billy beane) except its for your beloved sixers so of course its awesome! goooo team!

what the sixers are doing is as anti-philly as you can get. but the fanbase seems to think the alternative is the 7 seed so lets all wait 5 years to be competitive because thats the only way to possibly win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

this is like a religion debate...or gun control...or womens health rights...or pitching decisions....i cant win

see you in a year for the next draft letdown, sheep. tank 2. lets do this!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

As someone who has the 76er's as my 4th favorite city team, I gotta say I loved the draft.  Hinkie is accumulating assets, going for value, dude is a wheeler and dealer.  Had Embid not jacked his foot up they would have ended up getting Wiggins, but thats now the cards that played out, and he took Value over immediate return.  I'm fine with that in any sport, especially when you're rebuilding from the ground up. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Releasing James Anderson is stupid.

ice grillin you

james anderson is god awful.....jeremy lin should be their two guard...houston needs to dump his salary bad...hinkie magic rapeage could be in effect

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 01, 2014, 04:51:02 PM
Releasing James Anderson is stupid.

is this like the nate scheerholtz thing....both of them arent any good

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sorry...I think I saw Havas advocate the acquisition of Jeremy Lin.

Are my contacts ripped?

ice grillin you

well obviously hed have to come with a bunch of draft picks to make it worth it....but yes getting lin or boozer or any other player that would allow them to also get a bunch of future picks are the kinds of things they need to do this offseason

MDS

goodie! lets get more picks! in fact lets stop fielding a team and just recruit teenagers. see you in 2025!

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I get the theory to stack picks and build from the ground up. But Hinkie has to put NBA talent on the floor. He can sign players who have NBA game and also grow the young bucks.

Start acquiring players. Not washed up vets.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 01, 2014, 07:35:24 PM
I'm sorry...I think I saw Havas advocate the acquisition of Jeremy Lin.

Are my contacts ripped?

Hinkle saw him up close and personal in Houston,  so it might not be totally out of the question. Too bad Chinks had to change their name.

ice grillin you