Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Hinkie just said the surgeon told him 5-8 months.  You won't see Embiid next year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

If Hinkie magic really existed the Sixers have Wiggins/Vonleh not Yao/Kukoc

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 27, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

I see what you did there.  :-D

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on June 27, 2014, 12:15:19 PM
so wait, i thought embiid was looking at 4-6months to get back to playing. now he may not play at all this year ?

i never thought he was playing next year.....why would he
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

or maybe they have jordan/kukoc.....btw im pretty sure you never saw kukoc play when he was on the bulls....dook was a great player

ice grillin you

I should also mention yao ming was all nba caliber for like seven years....he career will probably be better than 99.9% of this entire lottery

I understand the concern but could we please come up with some better analogies

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2014, 03:02:25 PM

or maybe they have jordan/kukoc.....btw im pretty sure you never saw kukoc play when he was on the bulls....dook was a great player

Yeah, if this kid ends up being anything like Kukoc, then it'll be a great pick. Didn't the Bulls sign him to an even bigger contact than anything they had paid MJ up to that point?

smeags

kind of thinking the yao mentions are not meant to be serious analogies at this point.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on June 27, 2014, 03:39:55 PM
kind of thinking the yao mentions are not meant to be serious analogies at this point.

youd be thinking wrong....im not even singling out sd...yao mentions since the embiid injury have been uncountable....even russell is doing it

smeags

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

:-D :-D :-D

i dont care who you are, that was funny.

ice grillin you

Chad Ford

GM Sam Hinkie has proven to be a master of collecting assets. Embiid, on pure talent and potential, may be the best prospect in the draft. Saric was a top-10 prospect as well that the Sixers had coveted for a while. Had Embiid been healthy and had Saric been available to come to the NBA this year, they would get an A. However, Embiid is likely out the whole season recovering from foot surgery. Saric has a three-year deal in Turkey and won't play in the NBA for a couple of seasons. How do you rebuild without your talent on the floor?

In five years, if Embiid is a superstar and Saric is the next Toni Kukoc, my criticisms will seem petty. But it's a long road, Sixers fans. A long road. And the 2015 NBA draft isn't as loaded as this draft is and is mostly filled with bigs, the one thing the Sixers are now stockpiled with.

George Karl

Philly continues to baffle me. It doesn't seem like the Sixers are making any moves to improve right now. They seem to have developed a losing culture, taking the mindset of "test this player, test that player." I think it's dangerous. You play the game of basketball to win and to compete in an intense way. Joel Embiid wasn't a bad pick, but we're not sure how soon he can contribute. Overall it seems as though they make very few decisions based on winning in the near term.

Adi Joseph

[Embiid and Saric] have ridiculous potential, as does Micic, a great passer who likely will stay overseas as well. Meanwhile, McDaniels and Grant are hard-nosed defenders who are ready to fill roster spots right now, and McRae has some potential as a scorer. But it's Jackson who may prove the biggest addition immediately, as he dominated the NBA Development League last season as a scorer and would fit well next to oversized pass-first point guard Michael Carter-Williams. This is what the Sixers need to do as they continue to build for 2016 and beyond.

SB Nation

Saric will stay in Europe for the next two years, but that's perfectly fine with Philadelphia, a team well aware it's in this rebuild for the long haul. After taking Embiid at No. 3, then trading for Saric, the Sixers drafted two lottery players who won't make an impact on the floor next season. But that's OK with Philadelphia's timeline.

Kurt Helin

They took a smart gamble and got maybe the best player in the draft in Joel Embiid - when you're rebuilding and you need elite talent you swing for the fences not play it safe. Put Embiid next to Nerlens Noel in a couple years and if they can stay healthy they can be a force in the paint. The Sixers got a good future point forward in Dario Saric (who will spend the next two years in Turkey, developing. They picked up the very athletic Jerami Grant out of Syracuse, who should make some plays and fits an up-tempo system like the Sixers run. They rolled the dice on a few Europeans as well who may pan out down the line.

This team lost 26 games in a row late last year and isn't going to be much if any better next season... It's going to be the largely same tanktastic roster in Philly, and that sucks for fans asked to sit through another year of it. Intellectually Sixers fans get the building plan, but it's hard to watch right now.

James Herbert

Saric is the most versatile offensive player in the draft, and he plays with an edge in addition to being incredibly skilled. The more you watch him, the more you fall in love with him.

McDaniels' stock slid in the weeks leading up to the draft, but he has lottery talent. Teams doubt his ability to shoot, but he'll be a solid one-on-one defender and excellent help defender immediately. I called him underrated when he was projected to go late in the first round, and in the second round this was a no-brainer for Philly.

He's an incredible athlete, and he'll be a beast in transition on both ends. He does the things wings are supposed to do in 2014 in the NBA, meaning he's not the type to force up bad 2-point jumpers. If McDaniels is just able to hit spot-up 3s, this is a great get.