Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Yes on Embiid if they stay at 3

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 26, 2014, 12:49:46 PM
no on andrew bynum part II

or michael jordan II

see i can also make ignorant comparisons
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lets hope billy beane: basketball version makes the right call

not that hell give a shtein if he does....but im sure its THE BIGGEST DAY EVER
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

there is no analytics to draft by in the nba...its an athletic/mental judgment not a statistical one...its why the video they got of exum is so important

anyway we dont know yet if hinkie can draft players....but we do know hes been a genius roster maneuverer and asset collector and thats what tonights draft is going to consist of

advantage sixers

PhillyPhreak54

so you guys are totally ok with the chance of Embiid being a washout because he's made from cardboard?

ice grillin you

absolutely....you have to come out of this draft with one of the top four....anything less is a massive disappointment...id rather have the chance of the next hakeem than seven good years of noah vonleh

Sgt PSN

The more I think about Embiid's upside, the less I I care about his injuries.  Don't get me wrong, I'd still be hesitant to take a 7 footer with back and foot injuries, but 1 thing I keep thinking about is the fact that his body doesn't have a lot of basketball wear and tear on it.  I mean, dude just started playing like 3 years ago so it's not like his knees, feet, and back have been conditioned to play this game from a really early age. 

If he's there at 3, take him because even if he ends up being a bust, you've still got 3 other 1st round picks on the roster in Noel, MCW and 10 (assuming they stand pat and don't trade MCW and/or 10).  If for some reason, both he and Wiggins are available at 3 (or if the Sixers trade up to 1) then I'd go with Wiggins.  But I'll be fine with Embiid at 3 if Wiggy is off the board.  His upside vs everyone else is too great to ignore.     

ice grillin you

im not saying im all in on embiid with no worries....in way i would almost expect his career never really start ala odom...because after all i root for philadelphia teams....im also not saying ill be pissed if they dont take embiid provided they take exum...but they didnt tank last year to get aaron farging gordon...the same reason i want embiid is the same reason id trade 3 & 10 for wiggy...you gotta get a guy who can be a superstar

PhillyPhreak54

And they didn't tank to get someone who will NEVER help them (possibly).

So you get a player who will actually, you know, play...and doesn't have a medical file as thick as a phonebook

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 26, 2014, 01:06:18 PM
but we do know hes been a genius roster maneuverer and asset collector and thats what tonights draft is going to consist of

advantage sixers

you are head over heels....cracking jokes about chipper having the fan base eating out of his palm. hinkie has done NOTHING and hes all of a sudden a genius. oooo wow he decided to tank, what a mensa member.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 26, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

So you get a player who will actually, you know, play...and doesn't have a medical file as thick as a phonebook

I'll take the 50/50 on someone who will flame out or be a star versus the 90% on a solid but unspectactular starter.  They need a star in this draft, not a contributor.  Roll the dice.

MDS

thats what they did with bynum....it worked out

i do everything i can to get wiggins. thats it and thats all.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 26, 2014, 02:01:07 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 26, 2014, 01:06:18 PM
but we do know hes been a genius roster maneuverer and asset collector and thats what tonights draft is going to consist of

advantage sixers

you are head over heels....cracking jokes about chipper having the fan base eating out of his palm. hinkie has done NOTHING and hes all of a sudden a genius. oooo wow he decided to tank, what a mensa member.

done nothing?

in 12 months hes taken the worst franchise in the league and made it the most hopeful one....yes his picks still have to come thru...but hes done everything right so far...and btw i think hes overrated but his first pick won rookie of the year

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 26, 2014, 01:58:41 PM

well yes if embiid is 100% going to never play then i dont want him

but as of now ill take a 75% chance of getting a franchise chaging player over a 0% chance

if you are saying you want exum wiggy or even parker then i understand....but if you are saying youd take aaron gordon noah vonleh or julius randle over embiid then we just have different philosophies as to how you build a team in the nba

Eagles_Legendz

Exum is as big of a ?? as Embiid just got different reasons. 

I take Wiggijs if he's there.  I MIGHT take Parker whose ceiling is potentially just high enough that it may outweigh Embiid's injury risks.  After that it's Embiid to me.