Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I mean, seriously though. Yao Ming.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Embiid injury really farged the Sixers. 4-6 month recovery? No thanks. Big men with back and foot problems isn't a good recipe. You have two choices here, you trade up for your guy (Wiggins), or you wind up with either Exum or Parker. Personally I would be fine with either Parker/Exum. Exum would be my guy at 3 if he's there. But Wiggins is the prize, if you have to give a little more to get him you do it.

Eagles_Legendz

I don't understand why the 4-6 month matters.  It's all about if you think he will be 100% after that.  If you and your doctors think he's damaged goods, fine.  The timeframe though is irrelevant to me.  The team isn't competing next year anyway.

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 21, 2014, 11:10:06 AM
I don't understand why the 4-6 month matters.  It's all about if you think he will be 100% after that.  If you and your doctors think he's damaged goods, fine.  The timeframe though is irrelevant to me.  The team isn't competing next year anyway.

Longer recovery = more unknown. If it was a 6-8 week recovery we know it's nothing serious. 4-6 month is one of those long healing processes that he might never recover from. Noel was fine because torn ACL's are common and recovery rate for athletes is extraordinary. This foot injury is a nightmare to predict his recovery because of his size and other factors. I'm no podiatrist but I know 4-6 months of recovery for a broken bone in the arch of your foot for a guy that's 7 foot is not good.

phattymatty

i think you're a podiatrist buddy.

SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 21, 2014, 11:10:06 AM

listen to this man
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I'm pretty sure that SD isn't saying he's worried about his recovery time because of what it would do to the upcoming season or anything, but that it's indicative of a pretty serious injury to a big man.  No one gives a farg about 2014-15, but who is going to claim that Embid is going to be 100% ready for 2015-16?  And that he'll stay healthy and won't break down?  This very well could be Andrew Bynum all over again but less douchey.   

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 22, 2014, 08:25:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that SD isn't saying he's worried about his recovery time because of what it would do to the upcoming season or anything, but that it's indicative of a pretty serious injury to a big man.  No one gives a farg about 2014-15, but who is going to claim that Embid is going to be 100% ready for 2015-16?  And that he'll stay healthy and won't break down?  This very well could be Andrew Bynum all over again but less douchey.   

listen to this man

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 22, 2014, 08:25:43 AM

bynum is almost 300 lbs...you also cant mention his dripping vagina as almost an afterthought that's a HUGE part of him.....if youre gonna make comparisons then do it right

embiid is smaller than hakeem

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I'm not talking about next year either. If he shows a propensity to break down then what happens when he's cooked in two or three years?

You have to hit on this pick. Taking a guy who is breaking down isn't smart.

Speaking of smart...

Quote@EliotShorrParks: I would not be surprised at all if by the end of their workouts today, the #Sixers had Smart ahead of Exum on their big board

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 22, 2014, 10:52:21 AM
Quote@EliotShorrParks: I would not be surprised at all if by the end of their workouts today, the #Sixers had Smart ahead of Exum on their big board

i have no idea who that guy is but it would be best if you stopped following him

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 22, 2014, 10:52:21 AM
Yeah I'm not talking about next year either. If he shows a propensity to break down then what happens when he's cooked in two or three years?

You have to hit on this pick. Taking a guy who is breaking down isn't smart.

Speaking of smart...

Hitting this pick cuts against that argument, to me at least. 

What are you trying to get?  I have no interest in someone being targeted at 3 who might be a solid starter (I.e. Smart).  The entire point of this season was to hopefully come away with a franchise player in the draft.  I'll roll the dice on someone who could help take the franchise to elite levels than to take someone I feel confident will help restore them to mediocrity.

PhillyPhreak54

When I say hit on this pick I mean hit on that franchise player. They need the superstar.

Taking a guy who could be done before his career ever gets a chance to take off is way too high risk I think.

If he bombs then what?

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=264069901

ice grillin you

id rather embiid bomb than watch ten years of an average marcus smart