Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i would have been fine with exum or literally anyone else. im not a draft expert, couldnt tell you who is going to be good or not.

again with 10 i was fine with saric, so long as they had something to show with the 3.

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2014, 12:30:02 PM
ill be watching NN hopefully develop....this is a huge year for MCW....i need to see improvement there especially with the shot....and im really looking forward to the crazy athletic wings they got especailly on the defensive end...i couldnt be more excited to watch them.....this isnt like watching the phillies

how much can they develop with 2 nba players on the roster? they are going to lose 60 games again and continue this losing culture hinkie has created. what are you going to see out of mcw playing with nba dl talent in games where his team in down by 20 and that mean nothing in the standings?

i didnt want them to make the playoff this year either, but im not sure what you can get out of this season. they are 3 years away from hinkie's "master plan" coming to fruition....this year means nothing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no this year they have valid nba talent because of the draft and especially if they keep thad...shooting guard is a massive whole tho

in no way am i saying they are going to be good but they will be competitive and really watchable....this wont be last year because last year they were chasing a draft with multiple superstar potential at the top...thats not the case next year...this is a developmental year last year was a tank year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

also while you dont get to see much of him its important to remember saric is playing in an excellent pro league in the tbl for the best team....he isnt hurt like embiid and will be having a big developmental year of his own

the plan is coming together....

MDS

ill tell you what, kiddo. you spend your winter months watching this garbage, ill wait until the draft to see what injured big man hinkie drafts next. well compare notes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

your notes dont include what youd actually have done that hinkie hasnt...so we wont be comparing anything...

youll just be blindly waiting for them to fail so you can say i told you so....man that sounds like fun

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2014, 12:48:22 PM
your notes dont include what youd actually have done that hinkie hasnt...so we wont be comparing anything...

youll just be blindly waiting for them to fail so you can say i told you so....man that sounds like fun

i dont want them to fail. but im not blindly buying into this middle finger to competent basketball that hinkie is pulling. if in 3 years they are the best thing ever then build sam a shrine for all i care.

you were the most skeptical person in the universe with chip. still are. waiting to pounce on him for anything. they went 10-6 and won the division. but with your beloved sixers you cant wait to watch them lose 65 games. I DONT GET YOU.

ice grillin you

i was also skeptical of hinkie until he started making moves....i can only go on what ive seen and so far hes knocked the ball out of the park every time....the draft nite trade with orlando was especailly amazing...if chip goes 13-3 this season after losing pimp then i will be all in on him as well

SunMo

the general anger among fans who don't like this plan is sarich instead of McDermott.  I'm so sick of hearing about how they could have taken McDermott and he could play this year...so what.  Hinkie thinks Sarich is better for the long term.  Maybe he's wrong, maybe he's right but I couldn't care less about taking the guy who gives instant gratification. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

sixer mini camp roster for the orlando summer league starting this weekend...kinda disappointed that kj isnt on it...but nerlens debut is huge....until he blows out his knee again

pf - nerlens noel
g - casper ware
f - ronald roberts
g - aaron craft
g - isaiah sykes
f - hollis thompson
g - travis bader
f - jerami grant
g - jakarr sampson
f - talib zanna
f - ed daniel
f - jamelle hagins
f - melvin ejim
g - pierre jackson

sat - 100 - orlando
sun - 500 - okc
tues - 700 - houston
wed - 500 - brooklyn
fri - championship day - tbd

SunMo

i assume that kj will play in vegas?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 01, 2014, 01:30:58 PM
the general anger among fans who don't like this plan is sarich instead of McDermott.  I'm so sick of hearing about how they could have taken McDermott and he could play this year...so what.  Hinkie thinks Sarich is better for the long term.  Maybe he's wrong, maybe he's right but I couldn't care less about taking the guy who gives instant gratification.

there isnt a single basketball person who had mcdermott rated as a better prospect than saric....some mocks had him go higher because of the turkey deal saric signed but no one thinks mcdermott is a better prospect...and thats what the sixers need prospects...yeah last year counts...i mean they got mcw and nn but really the building process started with this draft...in other words we are a week into the "plan"...from here on out you are trying to develop talent to win in five years

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 01, 2014, 01:34:18 PM
i assume that kj will play in vegas?

youd have to assume so but they havent made any pronouncements re: vegas

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2014, 12:13:47 PM
so name the guys you would have taken at 3 and 10 instead of just saying hinkie sucks they will never win

There's only 2 ways they could have gone at 3, imo. Either Draft Embiid, which they did,  or trade back and aquire more assets....Maybe a 2015 1st and 2nd, or 2 future firsts.

There was no one else in this draft that they should have taken at 3. Not even Exum.  I still had a preference of trading back, and maybe they tried really hard but no one would bite,  but Embiid is the guy and I'm still excited about him, even though I'm still very concerned about his health. But I guarantee no one here watches more KU than I do, and when he was healthy,  he was legit in the middle. Still pretty raw,  but unbelievable potential. Even if his offensive game never fully develops,  his ability to protect the rim is going to be pretty unique in the current NBA.

It's been pretty mediocre since AI was traded and the only 2 ways to fix it were to be major players in free agency,  which costs a lot of money,  or be really bad for a couple of years and collect a bunch of young talent and hope that 2 or 3 of them are studs.  1 bad free agent signing can kill your franchise. Every one of them needs to be a home run or else you're in cap hell for 3 or 4 years. But the Sixers will have like 12 or so total Draft picks over a 3 year period and they only need to hit on 3 of them.  It's much easier to bat .250 then it is to bat 1.000. So yeah, I'll sit back and chill for a few years of bad hoops because of the potential to not just put a good team on the floor, but to change the entire culture of an organization.

ice grillin you

oh they are going to make power moves in the free agency and trade markets one day...they arent just relying on all these young guys to turn into superstars...but obviously now is not the time to do that

this summer i want to see them be a facilitator in helping teams either bag a free agent or as the third team in a sign and trade where they can pick up some future firsts for taking on salary