Sixers-Pelicans Lottery Thread

Started by phattymatty, October 30, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

@Michael_Levin: Sixers trade Dangubic to the Spurs (they got him at 54th) for Jordan McRae and the final pick in the draft, coming up.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 26, 2014, 06:03:04 PM
Out on a deal for #1 per Woj.

90+ % that was all Cleveland smokescreen trying to drive up bids for the pick.

WojYahooNBA
As it turns out, Philadelphia never made a run at Cleveland's No. 1 overall pick, league sources tell Yahoo.

Think all the 3+10+ nonsense was all from Cleveland's end to try to grab better offers.

BigEd76

I think the final pick was sold to the Nets

Not sure if it was mentioned but Jerami Grant is Harvey's son and Horace's nephew

I'm OK with the Embiid pick and hopefully we see him on the court before Christmas.  Saric is a nut job

QuoteReporter: "Dario, do you know anything about the Sixers?"
Dario: "I know everything about Sixers."

ha

The 2nd round filler and Pierre Jackson....meh, whatever.  If they can help, great.  They're gonna score 80 points a game again and be top 5 again next year.  They'll owe a 2nd to Boston, but they own Orlando's 2nd, New Orleans' 2nd and Golden State's 2nd, so it'll be more of the same 12 months from now.  At least they don't owe Orlando a #1 anymore, so there's that

MDS

see you 1 year from tonight, the next time basketball will matter in philadelphia
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

yeah they're going to be awful next year, but I'm willing to deal with one more awful season for the promise that could start to develop after that.

MDS

im not thrilled about it, but it is what it is.

this better pay off for hinkie. hes actively not trying to win and simply collecting assets. it better go somewhere.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

I think they'd have taken Vonleh if Charlotte had done what they were supposed to and taken McDermott.  He would've been the big catch at 10.

MDS

i agree that hinkie likely didnt set out to do this...if wiggy and vonleh were there he probably takes them and then all of a sudden were pumped for this season

he played the hand that was dealt, but that hand essentially pushed this thing back 2 years. embiid probably isnt gonna play this year. saric will be eurotrash for 2 years. there is tons of promise, but thats all it is. and in the mean time theres going to be horrible basketball for another 2 years. then what the farg are you supposed to do with this roster in 2017?

this thing could easily be a disaster, just instead of an immediate plane crash its gonna be a blimp crash where it takes foreeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrr to land

hbionic

I know it's the wrong thread but do the lakers have any reason to smile about for this upcoming season based on their draft?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

looks pretty good bionic!

QuoteESPN's Chad Ford, who projected Randle to the Lakers through the majority of his mock drafts, wrote Randle should be a "major impact rookie" next season (Insider).

Randle wowed the Lakers in a workout. He's ready to play right now, and they desperately need help in the paint. He was thought of as a potential No. 1 pick at the start of the season but got a little lost in all of Kentucky's talent. He should be a major impact rookie for the Lakers next season.

CBS Sports' Matt Moore gave the Lakers an A+ for drafting Randle, writing his "attitude" will mesh well with Kobe Bryant while Los Angeles re-tools.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 27, 2014, 01:19:39 AM
i agree that hinkie likely didnt set out to do this...if wiggy and vonleh were there he probably takes them and then all of a sudden were pumped for this season

he played the hand that was dealt, but that hand essentially pushed this thing back 2 years. embiid probably isnt gonna play this year. saric will be eurotrash for 2 years. there is tons of promise, but thats all it is. and in the mean time theres going to be horrible basketball for another 2 years. then what the farg are you supposed to do with this roster in 2017?

this thing could easily be a disaster, just instead of an immediate plane crash its gonna be a blimp crash where it takes foreeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrr to land

the sixers were always going to have a shot at the #1 overall next year....hinkie was taking saric all the way vonleh or no vonleh

wiggy and saric vs embiid and saric or even vonleh and wiggy does absolutely nothing to the franchise timeline

and of course it could be a disaster that's not news...when you are trying to build up a team with lots of young talent you develop a superstar or get banished to mediocrity...yes the ancillary pieces have to develop and mesh but basically the sixers future rests on whether embiid can stay healthy and become anthony davis

last night did nothing to change their future one bit unless having no embiid or saric next year gets them say the #1 overall instead of the #3 and that allows them to get another future superstar...altho next years draft is looking mighty weak and doesn't have a top end shooting guard which is what they are really gonna need...but that's what cap space and free agency is for...in fact nexts years draft is gonna be loaded with of course guess what - centers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

oh good so they tanked to get someone whose not even good...in which case hinkie will trade back and acquire more assets so they can be good 2 years from then

cant wait. 12345 6ers.

smeags

so wait, i thought embiid was looking at 4-6months to get back to playing. now he may not play at all this year ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

4-6 months recovery.  Probably longer until he's on the floor though since the Sixers have no desire to rush him -- see what they did with Noel as a reference.  He said he wants to play this year but I would be somewhat surprised.

smeags

im thinking they want him to play some to see if he's healed and can go. if he shows that he play i see noel traded if he's gained value.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it