Week Five 2013

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 03, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Josh Gordon is a stud...shaky hands sometimes...but he's big and can fly.

Unfortunately he's one strike away from a yearlong suspension.

And yes, this has been a good game. Despite the goddamn pink shtein

ice grillin you

gordon was never on the trade block I was just messin with people who thought he was

hes too good

PhillyPhreak54

Don't put anything past Joey B, man. He hates Gordon.

lol at the shot of him cheering there...goddamn he annoys me. Bet that he cheered when the Indians lost last night too

ice grillin you

who would you rather have

banner
lombo
chud

smolenski
howie
chipper

QB Eagles

This Browns team is doing the worst job of tanking ever. They're never going to be able to get rid of Weeden. I hope the Sixers don't decide to farg around and go on win streaks like this.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 03, 2013, 11:50:28 PM
This Browns team is doing the worst job of tanking ever. They're never going to be able to get rid of Weeden. I hope the Sixers don't decide to farg around and go on win streaks like this.

no comparison tho...nba draft is the best in over a decade and has a clear cut potential lebron type franchise player in a sport that totally and completely relies on stars

if everything falls right in the nfl draft it will never be as strong as the nba this year

cleveland would like to get the number one pick....the sixers HAVE to get the number one pick

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2013, 11:39:44 PM
who would you rather have

banner
lombo
chud

smolenski
howie
chipper

The Eagles trio. Only because of Lurie.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2013, 11:56:06 PM
no comparison tho...nba draft is the best in over a decade and has a clear cut potential lebron type franchise player in a sport that totally and completely relies on stars

True enough. Personally I feel it's only worthwhile to tank in the NFL if you have a surefire franchise QB situation, like an Andrew Luck. [And that might be the case again next year.] Basketball is so star-driven and the careers of the players are so much easier to predict, tanking can even be worthwhile in weak years. You have to have at least one devastating season or you're stuck in the mid-ranges forever. If it wasn't for the lottery the NBA would be a true race to the bottom every season. I rank tanking in hockey somewhere between the NBA and NFL, and tanking in baseball is retarded.

Tanking is terrible for sports, and as the amount of money in sports grows, the pressure to tank and get a mega-star is becoming greater. All of these sports should implement the nerdy solution to clamp down on tanking, which would order drafts based on the number of wins after being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, rather than on total losses.

QB Eagles

Hoyer has a torn ACL. Done.

PhillyPhreak54

Calvin Johnson...OUT today

Sgt PSN

Well that just farged my keeper team.  The 2 receivers on my bench this week (Mike Williams and Antonio Brown) are both on bye weeks.  Gonna take a shot with Rueben Randle against the Eagles defense. 

Diomedes

I can't decide who to put in my Flex against you this week.

Lacy, Nicks, or Bernard
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Going with Lacy.  I'm sure to lose by the difference between his score and either of the other two.  Yay betting.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger