2013 Philadelphia Flyers season thread

Started by SD, October 02, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Geowhizzer

Rinaldo got away with one borderline late hit, he wasn't going to get away with a second one that was more egregious.  Moron.

ice grillin you

you shouldnt even think about big hits in a game like this outside of the offensive zone...playing smart is way more important than playing physical.....what are you going to wear them down for game 8
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

LBIggle

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2014, 07:33:04 PM
you shouldnt even think about big hits in a game like this outside of the offensive zone...playing smart is way more important than playing physical.....what are you going to wear them down for game 8

maybe a big hit for a turnover but anything that could be questionable especially by a guy who does not get the benefit of the doubt is asinine for a game 7.

LBIggle

LBIggle

giroux needs to stop being so cute with it and hartnell needs to sit on the bench the rest of the game.

Geowhizzer

Mason got away with a stupid move trying to throw the puck there at the end.  Overall he's been good, though.

Defensemen need to spend the summer practicing their tape to tape passes.  Or maybe they're just color-blind.

ice grillin you

holy jesus that pass by hartnell was a joke

im not one to ever think announcers are biased against my own team and i think hes a great announcer in general but good god does eddie olczyk hate the flyers....whenever he does the flyers its like hes still doin penguin games and doesnt realize hes now on national tv

very encouraged by that period....thought flyers would be down....its a 50/50 game now...flyers could use a PP

MDS

ready for my first hockey game of the year

question: how is the lindros-leclair-renberg line going to attack richter? can desjardins handle messier?

my hockey knowledge is entirely based in 1997
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 30, 2014, 07:47:35 PM
Mason got away with a stupid move trying to throw the puck there at the end.  Overall he's been good, though.

Defensemen need to spend the summer practicing their tape to tape passes.  Or maybe they're just color-blind.

their passing the entire year has left quite a bit to be desired.  i wasn't sure what that was with mason throwing it in the middle like that... it seemed clear and the homer announcers played it off as him being comfortable.. but there's a fine line between comfortable and careless.  with such a little time left just do the face off instead of taking the risk in game 7.

Eagles_Legendz

Mason tried to throw the puck to keep it moving so there wasn't a defensive zone face off with 2 seconds or so.  Still wasn't the best plan.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 30, 2014, 08:03:02 PM
Mason tried to throw the puck to keep it moving so there wasn't a defensive zone face off with 2 seconds or so.  Still wasn't the best plan.

I know why he did it, but it was a boneheaded move.

And Coburn has been a disaster most of this series.  Bad turnover after bad turnover.

ice grillin you

mason would have never seen the puck until the second period if hartnall doesnt make a blind backhand pass at center ice with nine seconds left

Geowhizzer