2013 Philadelphia Flyers season thread

Started by SD, October 02, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 30, 2014, 10:51:40 PM
Hartnell is signed through 2019?  That's a real thing?

he's career -14 +/- with 11 goals in 9 years in the playoffs minus his one good year in 2009-2010 to which you can add 8 goals and a +4 if u wish.  i do not wish to do that.. i only wish to know why the farg you amnesty briere (who actually showed up in the playoffs no matter how big bad and mean the defense was) instead of this colossal waste of space hartnell then sign another in lecavlier to sit on the bench next to where retard hartnell should have been. hartnell is going to be older and somehow slower at age 32 next year.  awesome.

Eagaholic

The Flyers should have won another Stanley Cup by now

Don Ho

Yep they sure should have.  1975 and counting.

QuoteThe Flyers' all-time win percentage of 57.8% (as of the 2013–14 NHL season) is the second best in the NHL, behind only the Montreal Canadiens' 58.9%.  Additionally, the Flyers have the most appearances in the league semi-finals (known as the conference finals since the 1981–82 season) out of all 24 expansion teams (16 appearances, winning 8), and they are second behind the St. Louis Blues for the most playoff appearances out of all expansion teams (37 out of 46 seasons)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

His awful contract was up so Homer signed him to a 6 year extension. Idiot. Hartnell isn't the real problem, it's the organIzation thinks players like him will win them a cup. The slow, no skill, agitator type. He's their vision of what they think the fans want. It's amazing.

Did Vinny play this series? Glad he's under contract for another 4 years. Only chance we as fans have is if Ed dies and someone with a new vision takes over.

ice grillin you

rangers outplayed the flyers in the second period and got two goals...one from dan carcillo

flyers outplayed the rangers in the third period and got one goal plus an empty net whiff by the worlds best player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD on May 01, 2014, 07:14:42 AM

His awful contract was up so Homer signed him to a 6 year extension. Idiot. Hartnell isn't the real problem, it's the organIzation thinks players like him will win them a cup. The slow, no skill, agitator type. He's their vision of what they think the fans want. It's amazing.

Did Vinny play this series? Glad he's under contract for another 4 years. Only chance we as fans have is if Ed dies and someone with a new vision takes over.
THIS...   Briere was useless 78 games out of the regular season, but he was worth every penny in the post season.  I'll still say, letting Jagr go was one of the dumbest moves this team had made from a simple team aspect. 

What they need to do is let Kimmo sail off to finland.  I'd say sign him to a one year deal, but Holmgren will instinctively give him 4 years.  Hagg/Ghost/Morin are good young prospects.  Hagg sounds like the best shot to make it out of camp.  Morin is by all accounts a two years from being NHL ready if ever.  Tons of talent, but I don't trust the flyers to develop him correctly once they get him from Jrs.  Laughton makes the team, replaces hall or whoever.  Vinny sucks and should just be given a seat in the building with a stack of cash. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

keep mason, trade the rest of the team.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

in no way am i defending the hartnell deal....but in comparison to the vin rock signing it looks like the best move homer ever made...hartnell at least was coming off a year in which he approached 40 goals played a position of need and was 29

vin rock had been deteriorating for a couple years was 32 and played a position that they were loaded at with laughton coming fast....it was a train wreck all around not just a player already on the downside of his career and moving in that direction fast but it showed a clear fundemental lack of understanding in how the salary cap works...you dont give vin rock 5 mill a year when you could have scott laughton for less than a mil

homer has to go but if he doesnt they at least need to hire a cap guy...someone who can give push back when homer wants to go off the reservation with a contract offer

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2014, 08:29:34 AM
in no way am i defending the hartnell deal....but in comparison to the vin rock signing it looks like the best move homer ever made...hartnell at least was coming off a year in which he approached 40 goals played a position of need and was 29

vin rock had been deteriorating for a couple years was 32 and played a position that they were loaded at with laughton coming fast....it was a train wreck all around not just a player already on the downside of his career and moving in that direction fast but it showed a clear fundemental lack of understanding in how the salary cap works...you dont give vin rock 5 mill a year when you could have scott laughton for less than a mil

homer has to go but if he doesnt they at least need to hire a cap guy...someone who can give push back when homer wants to go off the reservation with a contract offer
remember when the cap was implemented, and they had Banner come across the street to help the flyers figure out how to structure deals that were cap friendly?  Holmgren clearly was drunk during that meeting too. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2014, 08:29:34 AM

This. Exactly farging this. Is there a more useless player in the league than a $5 mil/year has-been who's riding the pine and eating up a roster spot that could be filled by young talent? farging hell.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Vinny had zero offers on the table, Holmgren said how much do you want, and signed a check.  It's just idiotic, and Snider has zero clue what's going on.  I just hope Hextall takes a larger role, just look at the Kings. 

ice grillin you

i was reading in the paper down here that hextall is a leading candidate to replace gmgm....maybe the threat of that will have snider fire homer and promote hexstandstall....altho could we please get a fresh voice running hockey ops instead of some 70's or 80's flyer dinosaur

smeags

no more ex flyers. please for the love farging ... whatever  :boom

ice grillin you

giroux named hart finalist....perfect timing

smeags

funny considering how he clauded through this series.