Week 5: Eagles at Giants

Started by reese125, October 01, 2013, 07:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

you do realize the defenses this team has played so far correct?

SunMo

no, i haven't watched any games.  tell me?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

I think it's safe to say that the 2014 starting QB is not currently on the roster.  I'd be fine with starting Foles simply because Vick is what he is.  Foles isn't athletic enough to run Kelly's offense, but he very well could run someone else's.  If nothing else, Foles could improve his trade stock.  I doubt it, but it's a better alternative to running Vick out there every week. 

reese125

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2013, 10:20:17 AM
I think it's safe to say that the 2014 starting QB is not currently on the roster.  I'd be fine with starting Foles simply because Vick is what he is.  Foles isn't athletic enough to run Kelly's offense, but he very well could run someone else's.  If nothing else, Foles could improve his trade stock.  I doubt it, but it's a better alternative to running Vick out there every week.

i agree with starting foles although i think beyond a couple of the designed qb run plays he can run this offense. he makes quick decisions and is more accurate. he sees the whole field & throws to the spot unlike vick who seems to wait for a guy to be completely open. not saying he is the answer at qb for the long haul but getting a look at him for the next few weeks isn't a bad thing.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

They should keep Vick as the starter just so Kelly can keep running the QB Eagles run play from Tecmo Super Bowl

Now we know where that offensive genius comes from.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

shorebird

Quote from: reese125 on October 07, 2013, 09:53:50 AM
it was a nice win--but how did I guess people would say this about foles today

foles played a legit 0-5 team with a disgusting defense, but he's now the better option? lets see what happens when defenses clamp down on mccoy now that the threat of vick running is not there. foles is not the future, not better than vick and poses way less of a threat in chips offense.

Foles was a better option coming out of training camp, I don't care how good Vick played in pre-season. This isn't the first time it's been said.

I believe that Foles is better. He sees the field better, he's more accurate, gets the ball out quicker, and he doesn't stare receivers down and throw into double coverage.

Quotenot sure if you saw it yesterday, but there is nothing special about chips offense--it's just different than reid's. instead of the fake play action you now have the fake shotgun handoff

This I agree with, which is why I can't figure out why you'd say that Foles is "way less of a threat in Chip's offense". He was better in Ried's offense, he'll be better in Kelley's offense. 

ice grillin you

id rather have foles in because its something a little different and i know what i have with vick but lets let foles play against a team that has time to prepare for him....his qb rating is over 100 when he comes inot a game and 80 when he starts....because he doesn't have an arm and cant move he should be super easy to defend because the field becomes so small with him in there

vicks two biggest strengths is that he can stretch the field with his arm and he can run

shorebird

And yeah, those are Fole's biggest weaknesses. He's not going to kill you downfield and he's not running for any first downs, but he can move a little, steps up in the pocket good and can roll out.

I'm just tired of Vick, he brings nothing. I was shocked when Chip named him starter. It's an old story now and we all know how it ends.

QB Eagles

I haven't seen a shred of evidence that Foles gives the team a better chance to win than Vick. The argument for starting Foles, and it's a good one, is that we know what Vick is and we know he won't be around next year. Starting Foles gives you an opportunity to see if this guy can grow into a legitimate starting role or is a perma-backup.

Running Foles out there all season would have been super risky for Chip because Vick clearly outplayed him in the preseason, and if Chip started Foles instead of making the safe move and it backfired big time, he would really look like an incompetent first year coach.

reese125

there is nothing that foles can do that kevin kolb cant

we know how the story ends

ice grillin you

he has ten times the pocket presense and poise that cobb had...

small sample size so far but he also seems to be more accurate