2013-14 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, September 30, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

farg Smuggy and farg this team.  It is going to be a real treat watching this shtein show for the next 6 months.

Quoteso the Phillies can establish that new tone with a new shortstop

Oh good God. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Smug and Howie The Dope...farg them both

Rome

This is an awful lot of hand-wringing over a guy who's thisclose to being washed up for good.

QB Eagles

My feeling is that the Phillies are going to blow whether or not they have Jimmy, so might as well keep the vet who's been with the team for near 20 years of exemplary service.

smeags

with jimmy 74 wins
without 71

oh the humanity.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

again i have no clue how amaro is still breathing

this is at least the 4th veteran hes thrown a bunch of money at, then has tried to trade in the middle of his contract. who owns this team? where is that fraud montgomery? jesus.

but in reality both sides are right. jimmy shouldnt have to take this shtein...this team stinks and he knows it. farg em. the phillies also want to move on and jimmy is keeping them down. they are right to start beefin.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote"Jimmy Rollins is our shortstop. One of the ways we're going to be able to win is with Jimmy being Jimmy. ... We have no intention of moving Jimmy. We need Jimmy to play for us to win. It's as simple as that."

Maybe it is the percocet I just took but brace yourselves because this ain't happening again any time soon..

Bravo Ruben Amaro Jr.

Howie and Chip? Take farging notes on how to refute stupid shtein and put media fires out.

SD

The Jimmy Rollins story reared it's head when he was benched for 3 straight games. The media tends to notice these things. The trade speculation is a natural reaction. The Desean thing is it's own entity, nobody knows what brought it on but where there's smoke there's fire. They're not going to rid a top 10 receiver just because he bitches and moans a bit.

QB Eagles

The Eagles may have some problems, but I'm reluctant to list 'failing to emulate Rueben Amaro' among them. Also it's pretty easy for Rube to say that Jimmy isn't getting moved since JRoll would have to agree to it.

ice grillin you

how awesome was jimmy yesterday tossing his 5/10 rights directly into roobs smug piehole....jimmy will go when jimmy is ready to go and not before

Quote"Because I can't be traded," Rollins told MLB.com on Wednesday. "It doesn't matter. I don't care which way it is tried to be twisted or said, or if it is exactly how it was said, or even if it was said, I can't be traded. It doesn't matter. If I was tradable it may have weight because that means I could be moving soon. But I am not tradable and so it doesn't matter."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Ruf strained his oblique during batting practice and will probably start the season on the DL, and MAG got a cortisone shot in his pitching shoulder

Now the good news:  Utley finally hit something other than a single or a ground ball today

PhillyPhreak54

Bobby A is 3-3 today and threw a dude out at the plate....he's gonna make it

Plus Ruf is out with an oblique injury

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.