Week Four: Eagles at Broncos

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 21, 2013, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The defense was absolutely disgusting.   They can't do anything about it now but every pick they have in the draft and every available free agency penny they have has to go towards fixing that busted hymen of a unit.

SD

I'm as down on the team as anyone...but the toughest part of their schedule is over. Still think they win 6 games max but with the way the East is this season 8-8 isn't out of reach.

And I'm having a hard time getting mad at Kelly, he didn't exactly walk into a great situation. His schemes are fine, he doesn't have the players to execute. Riley Cooper is the teams #2 receiver...he should t be on a practice squad much less an NFL roster. The real problem is Howie Roseman.

Rome

The reactionary clowns in the fan base have already started calling for Kelly's scalp which is hilarious.   Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this sack of vomit roster.

Roseman needs to go.  Period.   Gamble = perfect replacement.

smeags

i expected a loss but that was farging horrible. still sticking with 6 wins cause as we all see this division farging blows. if they are gonna get some wins it in this next stretch of five games. 

BTW - can we start ripping into sconce willaims yet ? cause he is part of the problem not the solution in the defensive backfield.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

the offense is the biggest concern right now.  we all knew the defense was going to be putrid, so that shouldn't be a surprise.  they are not scoring points like a lot of people thought they would/should be
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

Quote from: SunMo on September 30, 2013, 09:10:59 AM
the offense is the biggest concern right now.  we all knew the defense was going to be putrid, so that shouldn't be a surprise.  they are not scoring points like a lot of people thought they would/should be

That's exactly right. I knew coming into the season that if the Eagles were going to be competitive that the final scores would need to look like something from a basketball game. The defense was going to be bad.

The offense, though...that's Chip's bread and butter. And they've looked like shtein.

ice grillin you

Quote from: NC_Eagle on September 30, 2013, 12:21:22 AM
Get blown out by the best team in the league lead by a top 5 all time QB, in the coach's 4th career game using players inherited from the last coach that don't fit his system.

has nothing to do with yesterdays game....theres a bigger picture to look at and it aint pretty

bad coach
no qb of the future
basically need nine or ten new players on defense
three fifths of the OL is in their 30's and the two young ones arent very good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They're second in the NFL in total yards per game.  They've moved the ball at will.  They've also had idiotic penalties, pass drops & fumbles at the worst possible times.  The problem isn't offensive production.  It's the unit's inefficiency and mistakes.

SunMo

production is a problem, farg yards it's points that matter.  that being said, imo yards are a product of a scheme that can work on this level.  points (especially redzone) comes down to personnel with QB being one of the chief issues
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I'd take Aaron Hernandez in a second over Celek.

Rome

More to the point they need a QB who will get in someone's ass if they drop an easy one like Celek did yesterday and Vick ain't that guy.

General_Failure

If they weren't playing like dogs he'd be allowed to get on them, but then he wouldn't need to.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 30, 2013, 02:55:03 PM
More to the point they need a QB who will get in someone's ass if they drop an easy one like Celek did yesterday and Vick ain't that guy.

he cant do that because he is an awful quarterback...how would it look yelling at celek for that drop when the five plays before and after the drop vick missed open receivers all over the field
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

did anyone notice how slow they are going yesterday?

clearly chip was apprehensive about playing at the pace they played at in the first 2-3 games, especially the first 2. couldnt risk putting his other worldly awful defense on the field. understandable.

look we all know there is next to no talent on this team and jewface isnt exactly the most promising guy to bring some in. so....DRINK UP
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome