Week Four: Eagles at Broncos

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 21, 2013, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 23, 2013, 03:28:05 PM
-10/58.5 is the early line/total

I don't know if the Eagles can score 9 points this week.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

methdeez

Rome

Broncos 42

Eagles 17

I might cut out before half.  Errands.

BigEd76

Broncos 41-29 (thanks to a failed 2-point attempt where Lane tries to run it in)

MDS

denver on a short week, everyone

A SHORT WEEK!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles running an offense where they want 100 plays with barely any rest between each one...in altitude.

Shoddy secondary that will be on the field a lot because of the offense (successful or unsuccessful)

Broncos - 42
Eagles - 27

Rome

I can't imagine anyone trying to run that offense in Denver.  It's hard enough to run it in a normal atmosphere but to do it in a place where the other team has a huge physical advantage would be suicide.

So, of course Kelly will do just that...

Rome

Oh, and I also think this is the game Vick goes down for good.   I'm not being a fleshpop here either.  Just have a bad feeling that he's done.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on September 23, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
I can't imagine anyone trying to run that offense in Denver.  It's hard enough to run it in a normal atmosphere but to do it in a place where the other team has a huge physical advantage would be suicide.

So, of course Kelly will do just that...

See here: http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=312950038

Of course the Eagles will get crushed, but it will be due to playing a far superior team, not because of any bullshtein about the altitude. It has some effect, but it's way way overrated. It's become a dumb sports cliche. And it remains true that defenses get more tired than offenses, even if the defense is acclimated to 5000 ft and the offense is not.

Sgt PSN

The altitude thing is very much real for normal people and 300lb lineman.  Freakishly fit RBs, WRs and DBs not so much.  And it definitely doesn't bother QBs because if it did, the refs would throw a flag. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Roob:

QuoteThe 2013 Broncos [1460 yds] & 2013 Eagles [1396] rank 4th and 8th in NFL history for most total yards through three games.

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 23, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
And it definitely doesn't bother QBs because if it did, the refs would throw a flag.

Ha!

ice grillin you

the hurry up offense will kill the eagles not cause of the altitude but because its going to give denver more possesions to score

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 24, 2013, 12:06:21 AM
Roob:

QuoteThe 2013 Broncos [1460 yds] & 2013 Eagles [1396] rank 4th and 8th in NFL history for most total yards through three games.

i wish morons would stop posting offensive stats in relation to historical numbers because they dont mean shtein....this is a completely different era that is going to be smashing records on a weekly basis
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous