one of the off the field positives from yesetrday was the atmostphere
both in the lots and the stadium
it was electric and a complete 180 from the last couple of years
hope is a powerful drug indeed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

watching a few plays on the nfl rewind and the first play of the game for the chargers offense mathews gets the ball and runs right.  nate allen comes up to meet him at the 14 yard line (pretty much standing straight up, not in a tackling position) and gets stiff armed for 6 yards until he is able to pull mathews down as he falls.  oh and he facemasks him to add 15 yards to the play
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

methdeez

What did DeSean do to get the penalty? I was watching live and I didn't see it.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

nobody saw it, chip said it wasn't even on the game tape. 

methdeez

Probably tried to freestyle, deemed unnecessary roughness and a violation of the 8th amendment.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: methdeez on September 16, 2013, 01:38:03 PM
What did DeSean do to get the penalty? I was watching live and I didn't see it.

He was lined up on the right side of the field and basically ran like a fade route to the corner.  The corner covering him (not sure who it was on that play) helped him out of bounds.  Didn't really push, but I guess just sort of guided him out.....which is what DBs are supposed to do.  Jackson didn't like it and pushed him and there was a ref about 3 feet away. 

It was a stupid penalty because he was so far away from the play and because the DB didn't do anything wrong.  But it was also pretty irrelevant.  Its' not like the Chargers weren't driving the ball downfield and kicking the game winner anyway. 

Rome

Shoves really shouldn't warrant 15 yard penalties.

Just saying.

SunMo

CSN's lunchbreak thing actually had the headline "Blame Desean?" for yesterday's game lol

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on September 16, 2013, 02:20:10 PM
CSN's lunchbreak thing actually had the headline "Blame Desean?" for yesterday's game lol

Haha.  Yeah, blame the guy with 193 receiving yards.  That makes sense.  He did have 3 costly mistakes yesterday (the penalty, the drop, ran a route too close to the sidelines and couldn't make the catch in bounds) but his overall performance easily nullified those mistakes. 

Like 95% of that loss falls on the defense and the other 5% can be divided up among Kelly, Henery, Johnson, and Casey. 

PhillyPhreak54

Doesn't Havas' homegirl host that show? Ms Rhea Huuuuuuuughes?

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 16, 2013, 02:29:18 PM

Haha.  Yeah, blame the guy with 193 receiving yards.  That makes sense.  He did have 3 costly mistakes yesterday (the penalty, the drop, ran a route too close to the sidelines and couldn't make the catch in bounds) but his overall performance easily nullified those mistakes. 

Like 95% of that loss falls on the defense and the other 5% can be divided up among Kelly, Henery, Johnson, and Casey. 

of those 3 mistakes i would say that the "drop" was a tough play, but he should make it.  the sideline ball was on vick, you have the whole side of the field to throw it to, don't make it so close

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on September 16, 2013, 02:14:16 PM
Shoves really shouldn't warrant 15 yard penalties.

Just saying.

Sure, but it would be nice if he didn't shove a DB five times a game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on September 16, 2013, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 16, 2013, 02:29:18 PM

of those 3 mistakes i would say that the "drop" was a tough play, but he should make it.  the sideline ball was on vick, you have the whole side of the field to throw it to, don't make it so close

I guess you could say it's 50/50 on both of them, but Jackson had his guy beat so badly and if he brings that route back towards the inside a little bit it gives Vick a bigger window to put the ball in.  Of course, Vick could have just thrown the ball a further inside and force Jackson to adjust.  So, ok....50/50 split.

The problem with the drop was that he wanted to catch, run, and score rather than dive, catch, and not score.   

SunMo

on the 2nd illegal formation penalty that negated the jackson td, it was called on lane johnson but i think herremans is the real guilty culprit.  johnson is lined up off of herremans like he normally would be but herremans is way back off of kelce