Charger Eagle Nonsense - Week 2

Started by ice grillin you, September 11, 2013, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 15, 2013, 07:19:25 PM
connor barwin can go wherever nate allen is going

chipper should be a offensive coordinator....not a head coach

well he needs either a great D coordinator or talent on D.  I don't expect him to turn the D around in one year since it's not his primary thing and it had the biggest talent deficiency.  I think he can be OK as a HC, but I don't expect the D to be anything better than bad this year.

ice grillin you

he seems ok when hes at oregon up 60 at halftime every game.....but in the nfl when it comes to big boy decisions in large spots not so good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i was as angry as anyone but im not gonna write the guy off for 1 bad decision. if it becomes a consistent thing then yeah we have a problem
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im not writing him off forever...but hes clearly not ready for this level right now....on the job training...hopefully he edumacates himself

MDS

well he basically does have a free season to do that...super bowl hopes didnt die today my man
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you know what they call eddie royal in france?

PhillyPhreak54

A wide receiver with three touchdowns against a terrible secondary?

Don Ho

Terrible secondary is right.  Had to leave half mid 3rd quarter and just watched the rest.  Vick actually looked a lot better after his overthrows to pimp in the first half.  Shady is God.  Pimp has impressed me so far.  He's thriving in this system.  Now let me regress, the defense.  This is not a coaching issue, a system issue, it's a lack of talent.  No talent.  How in gods name do you not put any pressure on the sun dial timed 40 Rivers?  Unacceptable.  The LB 's are not very good and the secondary is a complete abomination.  Fatty could come back in to town and really embarrass this mess of a defense.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

NC_Eagle

At least it was a close loss, we didn't get bent over like the Giants or Skins. My $0.02 on this game:

Offensive verdict:  :D
Defensive verdict:  :boom

But in the long run this is a rebuilding year under a new coach, if we go 8-8 I'll be plenty happy as long as there are some improvements along the way.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Geowhizzer

The defense is so bad, they'll eventually take away the opening win.  0-17!

More seriously, that is eight home losses in a row.  Ugh.

SunMo

watching this team is like watching an arena team.  any defensive stop they get is almost like a turnover and everytime they have the ball they need to get 7 or they could be screwed.

people are so hung up on this desean penalty.  i mean, i know it's because most of these mouthbreathers will look for anything to rip him on but that penalty was irrelevant.  in fact, i was happy the chargers would be starting closer to they would score faster and get the ball back to the eagles.  chip should just onside kick every time, if you get it great if not at least you get the ball back quicker
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

I get not being happy with the loss, but this isn't a surprise to anyone, right?

I mean, the offense looked good, other than some Vick inaccuracies, the Head Coach with no NFL coaching experience is still figuring things out, and the Defense looked bad, particularly the secondary. That sounds exactly like what they figured to be. If they look anything other than that for any stretch of the year, it's a bonus...because that's exactly what they are.

Sgt PSN

The offense is more or less worth the price of admission.  It'll take some time getting used to watching this fast paced style in the stadium because you don't have time between plays to glance over at the league scoreboard or double check down and distance otherwise you'll end up missing the next play. 

1981 Colts gave up 33.3 pts per game, worst in NFL history.  2013 Eagles are giving up 30 ppg.  If it wasn't for 2 boneheaded SD turnovers inside the 10 yesterday before halftime, this defense would already be on pace to smash that record.

I hate Nate Allen so much right now.  If he JR Reed'd himself today I'd send him a Thank You note.  As good as Cary Williams played last week, he played just as bad this week. 

As good of a game as Pimp had yesterday (great, really), I'll probably remember the dropped bomb/sure fire TD and the stupid penalty after the Vick TD even more because I'm obviously racist.  I'm kidding.....kid balled out and I can forgive the drop, but that penalty was farging dumb.   

I'm convinced this defense couldn't have gotten pressure on Rivers yesterday even if they were allowed to line up in the Chargers' backfield. 

I was sitting right in the top of the corner of the end zone where Celek got hurt and was watching him slowly get up and didn't even realize that Vick hurt himself on that play, too.  Havas and I were talking about that on the way out of the stadium trying to figure out why Chip didn't either call a TO or just run the ball once he brought Foles in.  Hell, I'll even go a step further and say that if you're hell bent on throwing in that situation, throw anything besides a corner fade.  For a QB coming off the bench who isn't in any sort of rhythm, a touch pass like that has got to be the hardest pass to throw. 

As fun as this offense is to watch between the 20s, it still looks like it has the tendency to stall inside the red zone.  Once you get the shorter field and the big play is taken away by the back of the end zone, this team still struggles.  And once inside the 10, I'd like to see Kelly implement some more traditional offensive formations.  The guy runs 8000 plays in about 20min top, surely he can find a way to squeeze about 5-10 traditional formations when they start sniffing the goal line.  That's probably my biggest criticism so far with him.

And you gotta tip your hat to the Chargers game plan.  They were running a no huddle and getting to the line with 20+ seconds left on the clock, but Rivers was in no hurry to snap the ball.  He was reading the d and making adjustments once the d showed their hand.  He's a punk bitch, but he's been around the league for 10 years now and he's a fairly smart QB and he was  just having a field day with them.  Wait until Peyton gets a shot at this d.  The league may actually implement a mercy rule and end the game when he throws for 500 yds through 3 quarters. 

Rome

Blaming anyone on offense for that loss is the definition of moronic.

The defense is totally horrendous.  Nothing's going to change that.

8-8 would be a miracle finish for this team.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on September 16, 2013, 08:16:38 AM
watching this team is like watching an arena team.  any defensive stop they get is almost like a turnover and everytime they have the ball they need to get 7 or they could be screwed.

people are so hung up on this desean penalty.  i mean, i know it's because most of these mouthbreathers will look for anything to rip him on but that penalty was irrelevant.  in fact, i was happy the chargers would be starting closer to they would score faster and get the ball back to the eagles.  chip should just onside kick every time, if you get it great if not at least you get the ball back quicker

Are people really making a big deal out of that penalty? That is like 15th on a list of many of things to bitch about yesterday.