Week 1 NFL 2013

Started by MDS, September 05, 2013, 02:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

how old are the people here

in MY day the game was awesome. there was hitting. IT WAS COOL.

no one cares
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

There will always be hitting, that's what makes football so great.

Great Defensive matchup and schemes were a thing of beauty. Go back and watch some of the late 80's Eagles games with Buddy's D. Every few years you'd get that REALLY good D.

Mid 80's Chicago's D
The Eagles had it in the late 80's early 90's.
Dallas had a great D in the mid 90's
The Ravens D late 90's early 2000
Tampa's D 2002

These Defenses would smother the offense to death. The closest we've seen to a dominating D since the Bucs was probably the Giants during their 2007 playoff run/SB. They had no business being in that game but their pass rush was legit.

One of the most memorable playoff games I ever watched was 99' when the Rams squared off against the Bucs. The Rams were putting a 30 spot up on everyone, they get to the Conference game against the Bucs and were held to 11 points. The Bucs D was so fun to watch that game. Look at the season results http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/1999.htm

What we have now with these over the top offensive performances cheapens the game. It ruins the beautiful balance that was football. DBs are at too big of a disadvantage.

ice grillin you

yeah the lack of hitting thing is way overrated...its not about that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Seattle defense could become a great one unless the HGH testing starts up.

Eagaholic

What are people paying for directv sunday ticket now? Last year they dropped it to $199 for a promo but I doubt it can't be had that cheap now. Anyone know of how to get a good deal? The regular ticket is fine, I don't need the sunday max.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 07, 2013, 01:22:26 PM
What are people paying for directv sunday ticket now? Last year they dropped it to $199 for a promo but I doubt it can't be had that cheap now. Anyone know of how to get a good deal? The regular ticket is fine, I don't need the sunday max.

Call and say you're dropping them if they don't give it to you.

PhillyPhreak54

I called them last week because they're offering that free promo to some. I had that a few years ago so I wasn't eligible but the chick I spoke to dropped me to $35 a month for five months.

MDS

Quote from: SD on September 07, 2013, 08:21:18 AM

Great Defensive matchup and schemes were a thing of beauty. Go back and watch some of the late 80's Eagles games with Buddy's D. Every few years you'd get that REALLY good D.

that defense was soooo good they eagles won like a gazillion playoff games. it was AWESOME.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Quote from: SD on September 07, 2013, 08:21:18 AM

that defense was soooo good they eagles won like a gazillion playoff games. it was AWESOME.

trust me the league was much better then...not everything older is better but in this case it is

MDS

certain aspects were better then and when i was growing up, certain things are better now

if you are a person who doesnt care that 20 years later these guys are walking corpses with jelly for brains, then perhaps its not a debate

ice grillin you

i care i just don't know what to do about it other than give retired players billions

if the nfl folded tomorrow id basically be fine

MDS

if the nfl folded yale and princeton would become the best college football teams

me thinks jamal and antoine from around the way AINT going to bama or georgia if there aint a payday on the other side

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 07, 2013, 01:40:41 PM
I called them last week because they're offering that free promo to some. I had that a few years ago so I wasn't eligible but the chick I spoke to dropped me to $35 a month for five months.

Thanks Phreak and Geo. $175 is a pretty reasonable price and it won't hurt to say I got DirTV last year mainly for the free sunday ticket, and will probably drop it once my contract is up in a few months if I can't get the ticket for $175.

Rome

I had DTV for years and dropped it when the bastiches started going over 200 a month on my ass.  It's true I had every option but they wouldn't budge on price so I said see ya and got cable.   Cable's now more expensive than DTV but I'm honestly too lazy and disinterested to change.  I just pay em every month like an idiot when I what I should do is cancel it altogether. 

Errands.

Diomedes

$200 per month for teevee is obscene.  My monthly bill for television is zero. 

to review:

idiot America:  $2400 per year
awesome Dio:  $0 per year

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger