Eagles vs taterskins MNF talk

Started by SD, September 03, 2013, 05:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 09, 2013, 10:57:13 PM
hes fairly socially liberal

this is speak for hes a flaming homophobe racist and vagina hater but hes my dad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 04, 2013, 11:25:52 AM
Eagles - 31
Dead Tree Crew - 27

Whatever happened to those iceholes? The Mayor and his gang of tough guys must be livin' it up these days

Not too shabby.

What do I win?

ice grillin you

Rome

Quote from: Rome on September 06, 2013, 11:04:31 PM
Washington's defense is shtein and who says Vick is going to be the focal point of the offense anyway?   Kelly ran the ball way more than he passed it at Oregon and he has a top-3 back and a really really good offensive line that is built to run the ball.

I'm telling you, they're going to surprise you.

They're not going to surprise anyone when they're on defense, however, and that's why they're going to lose more than they win.

I still think it's hysterical you commenting on the "atmosphere."   Washington fans are frauds and no one should knows this better than someone who lives there.  A couple of quick scores from the Eagles might have those beltway bitches streaming for the exits.

I'm not going to say I nailed this.  Someone else do it for me.

Rome

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/chip-kelly-restores-order-eagles-debut

Nice read from a usually insufferable tub of goo. 

Also - I'm home sick today.   I got all the way to the office and my boss took pity on me and sent me home.   I hate getting a cold this time of year.  It's just about to start to get nice(r) weather-wise.

SunMo

QuoteSo, it is entirely possible that, by the fourth week of the season, what Chip Kelly has wrought with the Philadelphia Eagles may either already be edging into obsolescence, or strangled through by natural attrition of the game, as Kelly tries to make it work with whoever's well down the depth chart behind LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson. But, for one night — the opening night of Monday Night Football — the Eagles got to go out there against the Washington Ethnic Degradations and reinvent the game ... for a couple of hours, anyway.

lol

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9655879/philadelphia-washington-monday-night-football
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

SunMo

the article has 4 or 5 different ones
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

So, after watching all 4 teams in the division play in 2 games this week, the question is  - do the Birds actually have some chance to win the division? All the teams showed some sharp deficiencies. Can that hodgepodge collection on defense figure out a scheme they can jell into and play well?

I think they have an outside shot which is more than I gave them 24 hours ago, but given another year in a division with Snyder and Jerruh, and that the NYG usually get hot about once every three years, I'm fearfully optimistic about the future possibilities.

ice grillin you

id say they now have a chance to not finish last

Sgt PSN

Just based on Sun/Mon alone, no team in the division looked like it's any better than 9-7.  But the Giants aren't going to turn it over 6x a game and RGIII appeared to return to form in the 2nd half, so I'd expect at least 1 of those teams to finish with at least 10 wins. 

The Eagles still have practically no shot at making the playoffs, let alone winning the East, but if this team is able to improve a little bit each week while losing and improving draft position, then it might give cause for serious optimism and higher expectations in 2014. 

Zanshin

The problems: 1) The defense is unreliable and prone to giving up big chunks of yardage. 2) Vick is the very model of inconsistency, and seems like he's going out of his way to get hit. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it through last night, let alone the season. It's like he has a death wish. So, you don't know if you're going to get good or bad Vick from play to play, and you don't know if he'l even be in the lineup to show you.

SD

I wouldn't make them the NFC East favorites, but they're certainly in the mix.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 09, 2013, 07:11:45 PM
Fitting that the 1st play went to KKKooper.
I loved the Boos from the Washington Fans.  Like they're above racist comments.   :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on September 10, 2013, 11:42:47 AM
The problems: 1) The defense is unreliable and prone to giving up big chunks of yardage. 2) Vick is the very model of inconsistency, and seems like he's going out of his way to get hit. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it through last night, let alone the season. It's like he has a death wish. So, you don't know if you're going to get good or bad Vick from play to play, and you don't know if he'l even be in the lineup to show you.
I'll second Vick going out of his way to die on the field.  I love the balls of it, but he does it every play, whether its 1st and 20 to get 3 yards, or running for a 10yd td and throwing his shoulder into a safety.  He's the definition of all heart, no brain.  What you see is what you get. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons