Eagles vs taterskins MNF talk

Started by SD, September 03, 2013, 05:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2013, 10:41:28 PM
wash and giants are both going to be 0-2

i only got on here to see if you're ok.

ARE YOU OK?

i imagine you're a super disappointed right now.

also, i'm grabbing beers with marlon at midnight.

BigEd76

Peters said that they learned their lesson taking the foot off the gas and will keep things up tempo, even if it means running up the score on opponents

Kelce said he needed an oxygen mask for the first time since college

phattymatty

good. that first half was amazing.

the second half is what i expected. i'm gonna continue being a homer and think that they now know how to go first half all the time.

but i called it earlier this week. if cousins starts tonight, the skins win. if rg3 plays, the eags win.

that was super fun to watch and i still have a boner but i'm not buying sb tix yet.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

I don't think the problem was slowing the tempo, it is a good idea up by 4 scores to be able to slow down and run if you want. The D was the bigger problem in the second half. The team needs to understand how to not lose the edge when shifting gears if that's what will work better.

hbionic

Kendricks hustled, Cary Williams made plays, Nate Allen tried tackling.

I'll give a pass to this defense. They all seemed to try to communicate out there while recognizing formations, they swarmed the ball, and I didn't see any give up on them. Yes, they couldn't stop a crawling baby, but it wasn't for lack of effort.

I think this defense can take this win and build on it and improve. There were many spots (equal to bad ones) where the D did good things.

The defense did 100 times more than what I expected them to do.

Let's see how they adjust to a confident San Diego team next week. Now, I'm actually excited to see if there are any improvements with the defense.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Quote from: hbionic on September 10, 2013, 12:46:09 AM
I'll give a pass to this defense.

They'll give you one right back. And a run. They'll let you do whatever, they're pretty chill like that.

I really hope this team finds a quarterback before McCoy's career ends. Say whatever you like about Jackson or anyone else on this team, but McCoy is too good to retire without a superbowl ring.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

So was Westbrook and he got how many rings?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I'm higher on the Defense this morning than I thought I'd be.  2nd half was an abortion, but it was still (a) about 10000x better than last year, and (b) there will still plenty of standout individual plays.

They still aren't a very good unit, but they definitely have some players and individual talent out there which is something they've lacked in recent years.

And even though Vick made a couple boneheaded decisions and missed some relatively easy throws, no picks and no fumbles.  Any game that Vick plays with 0 turnovers is a good game, IMO.

Shout out to the ST coverage.  Thought they looked really good.

SunMo

Quote from: SunMo on September 07, 2013, 08:34:49 AM
Eagles - 38
Skins - 31

suck it

i still subscribe to the theory that with limited tape to prepare from the skins D can't possibly be as prepared to face a new offense as they will be later in the year.  i don't delude myself to think that the eagles are better, i just think that it could be a perfect storm of RG3 rust and eagles offensive head start that will let them win the game.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

the defense in the first half was really good, and not only because of rg3 being rusty, he definitely missed some throws but their run defense was 100000 times better than I expected it to be

Zanshin

Then they inexplicably turned into exactly what you thought they'd be.

SunMo

well rg3 started hitting his passes, yeah.  we knew the secondary was going to be bad, we (or I anyway) wasn't sure what the run defense would be with the new alignment and so far so good.  trent cole and kendricks played great games. 

it seemed like they played a soft zone and just kept everything in front of them and it let rg3 make some easy throws and get into the game.  the last td was inexcusable considering the coverage

Zanshin

The last TD was an abomination. The very definition of being a safety should preclude anything like that from ever happening.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on September 10, 2013, 02:06:57 AM
I really hope this team finds a quarterback before McCoy's career ends. Say whatever you like about Jackson or anyone else on this team, but McCoy is too good to retire without a superbowl ring.

shady is highly replaceable in this offense (running backs are in general)....sure he would be aestheically more pelasing to watch than most because he has moves for years but in chippers offense at oregon it was next guy up and everytime someone said no one can be better than _______ the next guy was

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 10, 2013, 12:28:16 AM
I don't think the problem was slowing the tempo, it is a good idea up by 4 scores to be able to slow down and run if you want.

it was the tempo....when they were going at warp speed they were still running it at about a 50/50 clip....it wasnt like just cause they were up tempo they werent running....what happened during much of the second half is they started huddling up all the time....walking slowly to the line...vick under center running the clock down before snaps....all this stuff throw them out of sorts and allowed the skins to catch up....they didnt necessarily need to go at the speed of the opening drive but they slowed their tempo down way to much
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous