2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

andy had final say until the day he was fired.  so if you want to blame howie for not doing a complete turnaround in one offseason, so be it.  i guess i'm just surprised by everyone's view on the defense...we knew last year it was shtein and we knew going into TC it was going to be shtein, so why is everyone up in arms that the defense looks like shtein after 4 preseason games?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Everyone associated with the team -- owner, GMs, rest of front office, Spads, coaches, players -- can be expected to lie to the media constantly. It's their job to throw up the illusion of united decision-making. No one is ever going to say something like "our current GM made a pick that I'm totally against" or "our GM has no real power, he's a complete figurehead and I call all the shots". But of course those types of situations are often the reality.

Any quote from either the past or the present about who made what decisions is total bullshtein and tells us zero, at least if the quote is made while the person still works for the team. Those quotes are just corporate press releases.

Andy clearly had a lot of power, but beyond a few Mormon players there's always going to be speculation what the extent of his personnel power was. I don't think Lurie would stick with Roseman if he's responsible for years and years of bad decisions that are destroying the value of his team, so if Howie is truly both terrible and calling the shots, I think he'll be gone soon and the problem will sort itself out. I don't see Lurie as a Mike Brown or Ford family type.

SD

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 02, 2013, 12:26:33 PM
I don't think Lurie would stick with Roseman if he's responsible for years and years of bad decisions that are destroying the value of his team

Not that I'm on the Fire Howie bandwagon, but Lurie stuck with Banner and Andy for years while they were farging up his franchise.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

howie may be the worst gm ever to run a team, but that will come out in the upcoming 2-3 seasons.  you can't look at where they are now and even think that it's his fingerprints on the team.

i know he's a nerd and isn't a "football guy" but i'm going to give him a chance to farg it all up.  my all accounts, this last draft was worlds better than the previous 2 years so he (and the people around him he hired like Gamble) may have a clue what they are doing here.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

GeneralZOD

LB Emmanuel Acho released to make room for former Tampa Bay LB Najee Goode.... Casey Matthews must be giving some good head to stay on this damn team...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Claim-LB-Najee-Goode/5d53f382-694d-40a1-a1e7-4e27e43bd16b
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

Rome

The boy genius ran at least the last 3 drafts and possibly four.  Reid had final say but who did the bulk of the work?  Howie and his band of retards.  Absolving him of sin won't wash with me.

BigEd76

Two safeties added to PS: Trenton Robinson (Niners) and Keelan Johnson (UDFA from Arizona State, just waived by the Dolphins)

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 02, 2013, 05:59:33 PM
The boy genius ran at least the last 3 drafts and possibly four.  Reid had final say but who did the bulk of the work?  Howie and his band of retards.  Absolving him of sin won't wash with me.

I dont think he "ran" three drafts but he also had way more input than i think sunny believes he had....and i totally agree that he deserves blame...but also lets not act like andy was breaking off great draft after great before howie came into the picture....nonetheless there was a clear changing of the guard going on for the last three or four years and that just didnt include andy losing power but also joey b.....banner inc was slowly but surely moving to howie

I don't think it takes much to know that howie was going to be a train wreck...its kind of like knowing danny watkins was going to be a disaster....the question is how much PP decision making is he willing to give to the real football guys...gamble was a great hire if hes allowed to have legit input
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous