2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 16, 2013, 10:15:16 PM
There's little hitting in practices anymore anyway, so really, who gives a flying farg?  They've pussified practices to such an extent it's starting to show up in games.   If I was in Philly I'd probably go just to see Chip's practice (such as it is at the Linc) but I wouldn't make a special trip or anything like I used to early in Reid's tenure.

i dont care so much about the hitting....i wonder if the open practices will contain a lot of 11-11 even...or will it be five qb's simeultaneously dropping back and throwing to receivers running menial patterns...and sevens...and crap like that...we all know they are giving away the playbook...but id like to see packages and shtein....not just mostly drills
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Early reports I've read from analysts like Jaws is that Kelly's short offense (running game/bubble screens etc.) will work fine but passing plays that stretch the field are going to be a problem. If all the experts who say how smart Chip is then this shouldn't be an issue. It's the opposite of Reid's pass long first and if that doesn't work just pass shorter.

IMO were going to see an NE style offense that relies heavily on the TEs and middle of the field plays that exploit guys like Welker. The layered running game will be fun to watch with a guy like Shady

ice grillin you

is anyone going to any of the linc practices??

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on July 20, 2013, 08:34:26 AM
IMO were going to see an NE style offense that relies heavily on the TEs and middle of the field plays that exploit guys like Welker.

if this is true at all how does vick even make the team much less start....furthermore why did they even bring him back

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2013, 07:25:08 PM
is anyone going to any of the linc practices??

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/training-camp/open-practices.html
QuoteConcessions
• Concessions will be available inside the stadium. No alcoholic beverages will be sold

Nope

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2013, 07:26:28 PM
IMO were going to see an NE style offense that relies heavily on the TEs and middle of the field plays that exploit guys like Welker.

if this is true at all how does vick even make the team much less start....furthermore why did they even bring him back

No idea, I think he's a camp casualty who winds up catching on with a team like Buffalo.

Rome

Vick being on this team is reminiscent of Randall being on Rhodes' 1995 team.  He was at the end of the line in Philly with a new coaching staff coming in and so is Ron Mexico.  I can see why Kelly and Howie are giving him one last shot because this is a throwaway year for everyone, but the sooner Matt Barkley assumes command of this team, the better.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on July 21, 2013, 07:30:08 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2013, 07:26:28 PM

No idea, I think he's a camp casualty who winds up catching on with a team like Buffalo.

i actually think he gets cut as well...but we are waaaaaay in the minority

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

how sick would it be if within two months of each other the eagles drafted teddy bridgewater and the sixers andrew wiggins

ice grillin you

my questions/interests going into camp

1. how bad are killa and graham going to be at olb?

2. can earl wolff win the job?

3. david king....this guy really intrigues me and is at a position that is begging for a surprise player to step up

4. who starts at RT in week 1?

5. will be looking for jordan poyer a lot

6. brad wing....this guy is an ultra talented potential probowler and could really be an upgrade as long as he checks himself becomes a professional and doesnt act a
fool

Zanshin

Well, there's no shortage of questions, that's certain.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 23, 2013, 07:53:15 AM
6. brad wing....this guy is an ultra talented potential probowler and could really be an upgrade as long as he checks himself becomes a professional and doesnt act a
fool

ut oh

wingnut to the non football injury disabled list

that didnt take long

BigEd76

Donnie Jones is going to win that punter job anyway, but I wanna see what Wing can do

My questions/interests:
1. I wanna see Barkley challenge for that starting spot.  I don't think he's gonna be the guy in week 1, but he could be the guy in week 10
2. I wanna see Momah make the club as a 5th or 6th WR, but he's raw and I wanna see something resembling a receiver
3. Supposedly they're all healthy again, but I want to see how the OL comes together as a unit, especially Lane
4. Who's gonna win the other DE spot opposite Cox?  Thornton? Geathers? King? Damion Square?  Or do they need to get someone else through FA/trade?
5. Does killa make the club or do they trade him to a team that's running 4-3?
6. Can Kendricks handle moving inside, and is DeMeco gonna be an issue returning to the 3-4?
7. What do they really have at CB? Williams and Fletcher will start, but they're OK, not great.  Can Boykin or Marsh challenge them?
8. They have 7 safeties, but at this point you could throw all their names into a hat and pick two to start.  Someone's gotta step up

ice grillin you

wingnut only failed the conditioning test.....still not a good way to start but at least he didnt go barrett robbins or some shtein