2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Matthews is a good special teams guy.  I get that.  But he has no business playing otherwise.  I'm less annoyed by his presence on the roster than I am at the defensive roster itself.  Jesus Christ they're awful.  Like embarrassingly awful.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on September 01, 2013, 07:27:10 AM
I'm less annoyed by his presence on the roster than I am at the defensive roster itself.

Yeah. Matthews is terrible, but there are a handful of other players who made the team who are just as terrible. It's not like this is news though. The Eagles defensive personnel have been bad for a few years. The main moves this year were attempts to replace some of the terrible players with merely average ones, just to stop the bleeding. What's going to make it a lot uglier is that it's a whole new scheme for most of these guys, which is sure to make the defense worse in the short run. So yeah, they project to be a bottom 5 defense, but that's what most people thought they'd be back in June, too.

By the way, I'd be more concerned about Isaac Sopoaga than Matthews. At this point at his career, I'm not sure that Sopoaga is better at his position than Matthews is at his. And unlike Matthews, Sopoaga is starting, and is guaranteed to actually be on the team this time next week.

Rome

There isn't a single player on the starting eleven that would have been a starter on the 2004 Super Bowl team.  Kendricks & Cox would have been close, though.  That's how far this team has fallen talent-wise on the defensive side.  It's shameful, really, and that bookworm douchebag is directly responsible for it.  I don't give a damn how many times he throws Banner & Reid under the bus for this.  He's the one who took a fairly decent playoff team and turned them into this shtein show.

SD

Remember when Mcdermott would line Graham up some plays at nose then a few plays later have him dropping into coverage? Think about Graham/Cole covering TEs. If I was an OC I'd use a 2 or 3 TE set almost every play.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 31, 2013, 05:45:24 PMChris McCoy, you know an outside rusher, should have made it.

Claimed off the waiver wire by Gus. So was Clay Harbor.

QB Eagles

Curtis Marsh waived. Yay.

Shaun Prater signed.

Practice squad names are starting to come in: Tucker, Bamiro, Long, and Salas are 4 of the 8.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on September 01, 2013, 11:00:26 AM
Remember when Mcdermott would line Graham up some plays at nose then a few plays later have him dropping into coverage? Think about Graham/Cole covering TEs. If I was an OC I'd use a 2 or 3 TE set almost every play.

he learned it from jj......he did the same thing with kearse....I loved jj but i never really understood that philosophy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 01, 2013, 01:56:08 PM
Curtis Marsh waived. Yay.

Shaun Prater signed.

Practice squad names are starting to come in: Tucker, Bamiro, Long, and Salas are 4 of the 8.

2011 1st round, 2nd round and now 3rd round pick...cut.

Howie Roseman, ladies and gents.

Don Ho

You'll all be happy to know that our all time favorite third rounder is still in the league. 

None other than Daniel Te'o-Neshiem.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

If T'eo was a 7th round guy as he should have been he would have been a great story lasting as long as he did.   Unfortunately he was drafted about 150 spots too high and now he's just another in a long line of epic fargups by those retards.

Seriously, 2 years later and your top 3 picks are history.  That is the definition of embarrassing.

ice grillin you

career sacks

brandon graham - 8
teo neshammy - 5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I thought we agreed as a group never to mention Brandon Graham's name again until he's released?

Rome

Quote"I do think that we have some good players on that side of the ball, and if they play at a high level, we'll have a chance to compete," general manager Howie Roseman said after the Eagles cut the roster to 53 on Saturday.

Compete?  Oh goodie.  Thank goodness if everything goes right they'll be able to "compete."

Rage-inducing.

SunMo

Quote from: Rome on September 01, 2013, 10:42:01 AM
He's the one who took a fairly decent playoff team and turned them into this shtein show.
this couldn't be less true.  this was andy's show until this year.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

huh?

while I dont fully agree with rome because it was a collaborated effort, howie had a huge impact on the makeup of this team today.