2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: phattymatty on July 31, 2013, 03:57:01 PM
tickets (and bags) showed up in the mail today. pretty dope. black and white action shots with the fight song lyrics on them.

actually they're not totally black and white. just a dark filter on them.

also, maclin's on the cover. probably not a good sign.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2013, 04:03:55 PM
errrrrr....career over

pretty much. amazing to me that eevn if you grew up some bumfarg hick which i assume he did, you'd think after being around 90% black dudes your whole career your attitude would change.

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on July 31, 2013, 04:11:36 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2013, 04:03:55 PM
errrrrr....career over

pretty much. amazing to me that eevn if you grew up some bumfarg hick which i assume he did, you'd think after being around 90% black dudes your whole career your attitude would change.

That's what I don't get.  If you're racist, then why the farg would you choose a profession that is dominated by brothas?  Shouldn't he be playing hockey or cricket? 

Zanshin

He said he was sorry on Twitter, so it's like it never happened, right?

Sgt PSN

I don't have the twitter but he made no such apology on facebook, so it's still real to me, damnit! 

Zanshin

Adam Shefter has your FB needs covered, bro: Riley Cooper statement on his inappropriate language: "I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences."

reese125

Lets see if he gets a pass because he's a white athlete in a predominantly black league, and the fact that the n word is used so much around him by his teammates on the field, in locker room or  wherever.

Problem is he used the word in an angry manner ready to fight someone so it might not sit well with the team and league.

DH

He's only disgusted because he was caught. Im pretty sure this wasnt the first time he used that word.

Evidently, he is meeting with the media at Novacare tonight...who cares, cut his ass.

Geowhizzer

Better apology than most I've seen lately.  Ryan Braun should take note.

That said, we'll see if it can even begin to undo the damage he's done by his inappropriate language.  I'm sure he'll get a few additional hits in practice for awhile, at minimum.

hbionic

Looks to me like he was standing his ground.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Oh yeah. IDIOT.

This re-cements my knowledge that athletes are farging idiots...and it seems like the dumber ones like to migrate to Philly for some reason.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

If he wants to get out if this even a little bit he might need some of his teammates to step up to the mic.

Geowhizzer

He grew up in Clearwater, about an hour drive from...