Sixers 2013 Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

So the Philly area has three coaches who speak with a New England accent, and one coach who sounds like a senile Foghorn Leghorn.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Lavy sounds more Canadian than Bostonian to me

smeags

so it's offical finally - harris buys the devils. i don't see the sixers moving but i wouldnt be surprised if the devils relocated at some point.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

The new Sixers CEO from MSG will also be the CEO of the Devils.  Harris also said the Sixers aren't going anywhere

ice grillin you

other than sounding like cliff clavin brett brown is very impressive.....really good interview on wip
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2013, 08:17:13 AM
other than sounding like cliff clavin brett brown is very impressive.....really good interview on wip

Didn't catch that interview, but I heard his intro PC and follow up on Mike Miss and I liked everything I heard.  Of all the candidates that we know of, he was tops on my list even though I knew practically nothing of him other than the fact that he worked for Pops, and that was good enough for me. 

He's definitely a believer in analytics, or at least believes that it has a role and limited value in the game and player evaluation and that's what got him the job.  In the intro PC, Hinkie was asked why he chose Brown and he said every cliche under the sun and gave every reason for hiring him except mentioning analytics.  Not sure why he avoided mentioning that at least as part of the reason, even though I think it's the primary reason.  Guess they don't want fans to think that they're trying to be the A's and get the best possible results on a limited budget. 

ice grillin you

he was much more pro analytics at the presser (probably cause hinky was there)......today he said he wasnt an analytics guy but also that it shouldnt be ignored comppletely

hes def old school

Sgt PSN

I think he's a mix of both, but understands that fans don't really want to hear about mathketball and might try to publicly avoid branding himself as a stat nerd.  I posted a video last week of him giving a coaching clinic and there's a few instances of him using some analytics in his coaching.  Not saying he doesn't have solid old school beliefs, but I think he's open to some new school ways of thinking and incorporates them into his overall philosophy. 

Regardless, I'm excited. 

BigEd76

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

sixers just traded a future 2nd rounder for tony wroten.

seems unnecessary.

ice grillin you

if second rounders can make their team in a few years then it wont matter that they dont have the pick

i wonder if wroten is an analytics dream...sometimes its the small acquisitions of young players like that that truly show if a gm knows what hes doing

phattymatty

yeah i don't think it's a bad thing at all...who cares about 2nd round picks.

i guess MCW is the only PG on the team right now anyway so hopefully hinkie knows something that the bobcats didn't. dude looked solid at washington at least.

BigEd76

14 months after the 2012 draft, they have the #16, #25 and #27 picks on the roster, none of which were their original picks

They also don't have anyone under 6'6" on the roster