Sixers 2013 Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Wright's a FA and may not be back.  Not counting the draft picks, the only guys under contract are ET, Thad, Hawes, Kwame (PO), Lavoy, Moultrie and JRich

Eagles_Legendz

I, for one, am excited to see ET jack up 30 shots a game on the road to the #1 pick.

BigEd76

Ford:

QuotePHILADELPHIA 76ERS | GRADE: A+

Round 1: Nerlens Noel (6), Michael Carter-Williams (11)

Round 2: Arsalan Kazemi (54)

Analysis: New GM Sam Hinkie came out swinging on Thursday night. The last thing Hinkie wanted was to be where the 76ers have been the last few seasons -- in the middle of the standings. So he blew up the team in an effort to build a foundation of greatness. He made the boldest trade of the draft and walked away with a potential franchise center, a very promising point guard and a valuable 2014 first-round pick from the Pelicans.

It cost him All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday, but in the long run it may be worth the price. With Noel out for the season, the Sixers will likely be in the hunt for the No. 1 pick in 2014. By next July, this team could have four young players with franchise potential on their roster. In three years, they could be wicked good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 28, 2013, 10:22:25 AM
I, for one, am excited to see ET jack up 30 shots a game on the road to the #1 pick.

id say its 70-30 he isnt on the team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

They should see if Orlando or the Heat will take him to get their pick back

Sgt PSN

My draft grade is a B+.  I completely agree with the concept....blow it all up and bring in lots of youth and athleticism.  I'm salty over Jrue being shipped out, but what they're getting in return is a reason for optimism.  I'm weary about Noel though.  Even without the injury, he's still going to be banging down low with buys who have at least 50-60lbs on him...even more in some cases.  Kid needs to bulk up.  The good thing though is that it's all about the 2015-16 season.  So that gives him 2 years to add some weight and learn to play at the NBA level before this team is really looking to make a push to the Finals.  So the fact that there isn't the expectation on him to dominate right away is a good thing.   

Let 13-14 play out.  Hope NOLA doesn't pick top 5.  If the situation dictates, they can even package 2nd rounders and a first to move up really high in the 2014 draft if there's a player they highly covet.  2014-15 season is about gelling.  15-16 starts the run. 

Oh, they should probably hire a coach though.  That might come in handy.   

QB Eagles

Even if Noel's knee is straight-up another Bynum situation (which seems like the worst case scenario), this was the right move. Jrue was too good to get this team where it needs to be: last place in 2014. Hopefully his presence on New Orleans will keep them around where the Sixers were last year.

ice grillin you

just looking at the roster on the official site and it has cdub and wolters...it also has jeru on it but not nerlens

bush league

QB Eagles

It's not bush league, that's the actual state of the team right now. The trades can't be official until after the salary cap is set in a couple weeks. That's why the team is only talking about Carter-Williams and Kazemi.

ice grillin you

nba is more advanced than that...if by a one in a million chance the trades dont go thru then edit the roster...theres also a chance cdubb or wolters doesnt sign and never becomes a sixer

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

you put them all on until something happens where they arent "sixers"

nfl updates their rosters the day after the draft...no reason the nba shouldnt do the same....then again the way they run deals during the draft is a joke as well

ice grillin you

btw check out the front page pick of cdub and how incredibly young he looks

QB Eagles

He's like the opposite of Greg Oden.

ice grillin you