Sixers 2013 Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

love the trade and the balls by a new gm. sixers made out on this big time. never been so excited for a next years draft

Sgt PSN

Now that the details seem to have cleared up, I don't hate the trade but I still don't love it either.  I'm not sold on Noel. Wasn't sold on him before the injury and I'm less sold on him now.

phattymatty

every one of you nerds will love it tomorrow.

couldn't ask for a better 20 minutes.

i love it.

Dillen

I was coming home and my buddy texted me they dealt Jrue and a 1st for Noel and I swore off this team for the next few years, luckily the info was wrong. Sixers are going to be absolutely terrible for the next couple years but it's a good deal. Maybe the Hornets can put together a team this year and hover around 6 again, that'd be the shtein and a legitimate reason to be excited.

Sgt PSN

SD

What do you think guys, is this the end of the Jrue Holiday era in Philadelphia? - Donovan McNabb

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Initial reaction was hate because I thought they gave up a pick next year.

Settling into the idea now. Wish it wasn't too five protected though. But I doubt NO sucks enough to get into the top five.

And the Sixers don't have their own 2014 1st right? Traded away last year?

Dillen

It's lottery-protected thru 2015. If they're in the lottery in 2015, the Heat get the Sixers 2015 and 2016 2nd rounders

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 27, 2013, 08:44:42 PM
so noel, carter williams and next years #1 from NO for jrue?

how could you not like that.

amazing. love ya jrue but later.

noel and a >5 1st next year for jeru and 42 tonight

cdub was their own pick

still a good deal...three hours ago noel was the odds on favorite to go one overall....so if they properly fold next year you can say this deal got them the #1 overall pick in consecutive years...sounds better that way anyway...and cdub was the guy i wanted at 11

lol @ everyone on espn thinking the sixers gave up their one and jeru for nn....i know they are working on the fly but jesus how could you ever think that was the deal...from the minute they said that i was screaming that the idiots had it wrong...i didnt know it was the sixers that were getting the pick necessarily...i thought they maybe meant that the sixers were giving a 2015 or beyond first rounder and even that made little sense

i wouldnt be surprised if any or all of turner thad hawes go before the season...let the bottom drop out completely...wiggins + 30 mil in cap money next year = FAP

ill miss jeru dearly one of my favorites in the city....but ill take a sixers version of an obama HOPE sign instead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

yeah everyone here and apparently on twitter had it totally backwards, so i'm including MCW in it just for the fact that they didn't have to give it up.

best part about it is that next years draft is 10x better than this year and sixers will get two. combo of wiggins-parker-smart-harrison, etc. could be sick.

what if they re-signed bynum just for the farg of it.

Dillen

What's the deal with Wiggins? All I know is he's tall for a SG and athletic as all hell. Can he actually play offense, or just dunk?

SD

Quote from: Dillen on June 27, 2013, 09:19:10 PM
It's lottery-protected thru 2015. If they're in the lottery in 2015, the Heat get the Sixers 2015 and 2016 2nd rounders

They owe Orlando a first too which is also lottery protected for a few years then it's lottery protected from 11 on up or something like that.

phattymatty

i'm stupid at this stuff, so pick protected 1-5, does that mean if the pelicans have a 1-5 next year the sixers get it the following year or its just gone for good?

BigEd76

Depends on how far out the protection extends.  Sometimes it reduces to top 3 or top 1 the following year and the Sixers would get that instead