Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

brian shaw will talk to the nets before anyone else one the season ends
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Besides Shaw, I can't even think of any other possible candidates for the Sixers HC who interest me.  And I don't even know if Shaw really "wows" me or if it's just a lack of depth in the coaching pool. 

DH

SD

AI needs a job, why not head coach. At least it would be entertaining.

Rome

COACHING?  WE TALKIN' 'BOUT COACHING, MAN!?!

BigEd76

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 06, 2013, 07:45:01 AMBesides Shaw, I can't even think of any other possible candidates for the Sixers HC who interest me.

There aren't any, so when in doubt, go for an assistant from a winning franchise.  Budenholzer, Rowengartner, whatever his name is

Sgt PSN

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

I really like this hire.  Any shot they go after Jeff Van Gundy now?  I don't know what kind of relationship he had with Hinkie at the time, but I think they were both in Houston together for maybe a year or 2. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2013, 08:10:34 AM
I really like this hire.   

unless hes not the real gm and they are going to hire a basketball man to run the team its a brutal hire.....the guy is a financial analyst not a hoop head

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2013, 08:47:45 AM
I really like this hire.   

unless hes not the real gm and they are going to hire a basketball man to run the team its a brutal hire.....the guy is a financial analyst not a hoop head

you've been waiting 24 hours for someone to post an opinion before you posted in this thread

Sgt PSN

Haha. 

I like the fact that they are doing something different.  It's not like Pat Riley is available so why not take a different approach?  Could be a home run or it could be a total whiff.  And I don't think the Sixers are going to go into the season without an actual basketball head in there somewhere, but I really like what Houston has done in recent years and if he brings those types of results to Philly, then at the very least, they'll be a lot of fun to watch.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on May 11, 2013, 08:51:14 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2013, 08:47:45 AM
I really like this hire.   

you've been waiting 24 hours for someone to post an opinion before you posted in this thread

negative.....was on the road yesterday to sunnys house and immediately went out boozing all night....havent been on a computer till i woke up this morning....i dont have pocket pals like all of you and cant get online if im not home

in fact a topic of conversation at the bar btwn me and him was the hire

next?

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know anything about him other than being Morey's right hand man and he subscribes to the basketball version of sabremetrics.

He may not be a hoop head but neither was DiLeo. So ill take my chances with him rather than Tony D.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 11, 2013, 11:37:57 AM
I don't know anything about him other than being Morey's right hand man and he subscribes to the basketball version of sabremetrics.

He may not be a hoop head but neither was DiLeo. So ill take my chances with him rather than Tony D.

you should have higher standards than this