Sixers 2013 Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 22, 2013, 12:16:55 AM
or worse....Cody Zeller

what's wrong with this? i wouldn't hate zeller at 11 at all.

reese125

yeah not too sure what ed is talking about--id take zeller as well and feel pretty good about it

the fear is he turns into another white bum in a sixers uniform--but a guy that size and that athletic is tough to find. problem is I think he goes before 11

Sgt PSN

Mannix mock has them taking Olynyk. No.

Sgt PSN

I don't know if I'm late to the party on this or not, but the Sixers drafted Marreese Speights with the 16th pick in 2008.  The next pick belonged to Toronto, who drafted (and immediately traded) Roy Hibbert.  He doesn't really wow you on the stat sheet, but damn if he isn't better than any other big man the Sixers have put on the court since Deke.  Eh, they probably would have traded him within 2 years anyway.   

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah and Paul George went 10th in Evan Turners draft.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 22, 2013, 01:20:04 PM
Mannix mock has them taking Olynyk. No.

Gonzaga C Kelly Olynyk tested as one of the worst athletes at the Combine.
Olynyk measured in at a solid 7'0/234. But he has T-rex arms, as his 6-foot-9 3/4 wingspan was shorter than a bunch of swingmen including Otto Porter (7-foot-1 1/2) and Shabazz Muhammed (6-foot-11). For a big man, wingspan is a measurement NBA teams take seriously. Olynyk also did just five reps on the bench press and ranked dead last in the three-quarters court sprint. He'll still go in the top-20 thanks to his raw size and shooting ability, but his stock is not rising.

Don Ho

Not sure what weight they use at the NBA combine but only 5 reps for a big man and finishing last in the 3/4 quarts sprints is a big fat "No thank you".
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Dillen

185 pounds. It's obviously way harder with long ass arms.. but still.

SD

Why does anyone care how many 185 lbs. reps a basketball player can do? Kevin Durant could do 0 and he obviously sucks.

reese125

did you really just use durant as a comparison example?

Sgt PSN

If Olynyk has KD's athleticism, agility, handle, hops, jumper, and penis, then I wouldn't care about his upper body strength either. But he has none of that.

Sgt PSN