Sixers 2013 Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2013, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

is this a top three ping pong ball team??

pg - cdub
sg - et
sf - thad
pf - lavoy (should be arnettank)
c - hawes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah they'll be pretty close.

I think they dump ET though.

This will be a huge season for Thad's growth. He's "the guy" now. If he can learn to embrace that and step into the elite then they'll really be in good shape with the young bucks the next few years.

ice grillin you

they all could and should go...im just going by as we stand right here right now...assuming no one goes and they add no one of significance

lol at thads growth...he is what he is....he was being held back by jeru??....hes well beyond the age and skill set of growing...let him grow on a team that thinks they need him to take one of those last steps towards a title and move his ass

im just so nervous that they are going to farg this up...like they dont trade evan turner and he goes for a triple double on the last game of the season against charlotte to move them from the 3rd to the 4th pick

PhillyPhreak54

Nah I think Thad has room for growth still.

Kwame Brown is coming back lolol

I'm nervous too but Hinkie seems to have a clue. He's not old guard he buried himself after taking the job and has balls.

Lets see who he picks as coach.

ice grillin you

im ALL IN on hinkie as well until i see otherwise

but thad is what you see he is...he is what he was coming out of college...there is nothing left for him...he has a skill set that limits him big time

ice grillin you

should add that i want him gone not because i dont like him as a player....but because i really like him as a player...hes great in the locker room...he does everything right on the court...and most importantly he will help them win some games...some games that might cost them dearly

Eagles_Legendz

Point is the sixers had no meaningful future a few days ago and they at least have the chance to now.

The team as it was constructed wasn't going anywhere, wasn't luring FAs, and was going to be just good enough to not get a really good pick next year.

Now they roll the dice on Noel & MCW, should be awful next year in a loaded draft, clear cap space, and should get another relatively high pick in NO.

There's at least the potential for a legit team in all this 2-3 years away.

SD

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=truehoop&id=60615&src=desktop&wjb

Hinkie is my #1 ranked GM in town right now. Know why? He had the balls to take a chance which could ruin his reputation for life. The Sixers have been mulling around in mediocrity for so long with no way out. Hinkie found that way out.

Sgt PSN

Haha....the igster wants to get rid of Thad to secure ping pong balls.  Not laughing at you, just laughing because it's funny.  And I kind of agree. 

I like Thad, too, but he's not going to suddenly turn into an elite player.  He's a good NBA player.  Solid starter or possible 6th Man of the Year kind of guy.  But dook ain't no superstar.

And I'm going all in on this team for 2015-16 now.  I'm still not stoked about Noel.  I'm still salty over Jrue being traded.  But it's impossible to not like the approach this team is taking.  We've been bitching for about 10 years now about how this team is just stick in the middle of the pack and how they need to do something to make a splash.  Looks like this is it.  Trading Jrue sent a message to the locker room, imo.  If the only AS on the team and a fan favorite can be traded, then no one's job is safe. 

Best part about it is that by the time this team should be ready to legitimately compete, the Heat very well could be on the decline.  The Nets will probably be rebuilding.  The Bulls will have D-Rose and ??  Knicks will have an older Melo and ??  It very well could be a bunch of young, rebuilding teams today who are leading the East in 2 years.  Hopefully the Sixers are one of them. 

SD

Thad is my favorite current Sixer and one of my all time favorite players, but if a playoff team came along and offered a 1st for him I'd say sayonara. He serves no purpose at this point. They need to put all their eggs in next years draft class, which is the deepest one in years. I'd trade every asset possible (aside from Noel/MCW) to get 2014 draft picks. Even picks in the 20's are valuable. Two years from now they should have a young nucleus and plenty of cap space. They're taking the necessary step back to take two steps forward.

Dillen

I get the point of unloading everything for the future, but I'm not trading Thad to a playoff team for their 1st. There comes a time where you need SOMEBODY on the floor that's actually capable of doing anything so everyone else isn't a complete disaster, and if you do get rid of him, you don't do it for pennies no the dollar. You think MCW is going to develop when the best player he gets to work with is (by far) Evan Turner? Think Noel is going to be able to do anything when the only big guys he plays with are Lavoy Allen and Spencer Hawes?

Trading Thad for little to nothing wouldn't be worth it. He was picked 13th overall in whatever draft it was (2007?), has proven himself to be worth it, so you don't give him for less. Getting two top 10 picks for Jrue is worth it. Dealing Thad for a pick in the 20's isn't. Even if the draft next year is supposed to be deep, look at the history of guys getting picked in the 20's. On any given year, there's like 2 or 3 guys that go between 20-30 that even turn into solid role players. Everyone else is going to be at the very end of the bench or out of the league.

SD

Who gives a shtein who he passes to year 1? I want to tank as hard as possible. With Thad/ET/JRich they're probably good enough to be a bottom five team. I want a bona fide shtein year where they are the clear cut worst team in the league. He can pass to Wiggins or Parker the following year and form a nucleus.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2013/06/2014_nba_draft_andrew_wiggins.html

Rome

Knowing Philly's luck they'll win 35 with a heart and hustle type squad and totally blow their chances for a LeBron type in Wiggins.  Or he'll say farg it and stay at Kansas.

BigEd76

FWIW the worst team in the league hasn't won the lottery since Orlando in '04, so going 10-72 doesn't guarantee anything other than a top 5 pick

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on June 29, 2013, 11:58:07 AM
I get the point of unloading everything for the future, but I'm not trading Thad to a playoff team for their 1st. There comes a time where you need SOMEBODY on the floor that's actually capable of doing anything so everyone else isn't a complete disaster, and if you do get rid of him, you don't do it for pennies no the dollar. You think MCW is going to develop when the best player he gets to work with is (by far) Evan Turner? Think Noel is going to be able to do anything when the only big guys he plays with are Lavoy Allen and Spencer Hawes?

Trading Thad for little to nothing wouldn't be worth it. He was picked 13th overall in whatever draft it was (2007?), has proven himself to be worth it, so you don't give him for less. Getting two top 10 picks for Jrue is worth it. Dealing Thad for a pick in the 20's isn't. Even if the draft next year is supposed to be deep, look at the history of guys getting picked in the 20's. On any given year, there's like 2 or 3 guys that go between 20-30 that even turn into solid role players. Everyone else is going to be at the very end of the bench or out of the league.

cdub might not even be in the league in five years....farg him and noel...I mean I hope they both become players but chances are they wont...the only thing that matters with this team right now is wiggy...id trade thad for reese if it meant a top two lottery ball chance